Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to be a Dad!

Senior Member Getting Dirty ScorpionCrawler's Avatar
    Congrats, be patient, and find a way to enjoy the pregnancy, emotions, roller coaster.
    Hoaxci already said it and great advice, catch up on your sleep now!

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    thanks all - the insight is very helpful and encouraged
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    If you haven't learned that your wife is always right already you need to learn it quick while she's preggo or good lord you will feel the wrath.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Guys take care of your wife when she’s pregnant. Don’t say stupid stuff either, like me. I came home one time. My wife’s six months pregnant. She’s lying on the couch. There’s food and clothes everywhere. And I walked in and went, “What’d you do today?” Don’t do that.
    My wife looked up and said, “Today? I don’t know, Henry. Let’s see… what did I do today? Today I made a lung.”
    Quoted from Henry Cho, I was hoping to find a video of it, because thats not complete, but it will have to do..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Wow that's awesome man I'm happy for you.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Ryan, that's awesome man! I'm really happy for ya!

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Congrats man!!!!
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    To pass on a slightly "serious" piece of advice:

IF you happen to be stuck up all night with a crying baby.... enjoy it.

It sounds strange, and it WILL test your nerves... but if you keep in mind that that's "your" child and your #1 priority is to care for them and comfort them, you'll get through it. And there are benefits.

As an example, i literally didn't sleep for the first two months after my son was born because he was colicky. During the nights i'd sit in our recliner with the TV on and let him just cry on me while my wife was in the bedroom sleeping. They called me "the zombie" at work. Well, after about 2 months he finally started sleeping at night... And around 3-4 months, when he would start waking up in the middle of the night crying my wife couldn't get him to stop crying, but then i'd go in there, pick him up and put him on my shoulder and he'd fall asleep instantly. It is/was by far one of the best feelings ever and made that 2 months of "hell" well worth it.

So basically, the best advice i can give is to "enjoy" all of the things that scare people about having babies. The sleepless night, hell, even the dirty diapers... ti's all part of what makes the experience great.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Oh and one more piece of advice... my wife didn't pick up on this as quick as i did...

If you have a boy and your changing him, and his little "fire hose" starts changing direction... GET OUT OF THE WAY!! lol.. one time i saw it coming and my wife was next to me, so i just backed up and let her get soaked; it was hilarious

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Congratulations!!! Kids are great. Unless they're not your own..... hehe
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information