Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a computer expert... (Hoax, you around?)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

Need a computer expert... (Hoax, you around?)

Starting to get a BSOD consistently on my home computer. Wondering if my hard drive is on the way out... (i've been backing up my data just in case). Today, i got it again and when i started the computer back up it never "started"; nothing came up on screen, the moniter wasn't even sent power like it should have been. So i killed the power, waited and started it again and it's running normal again.

Does this error make any sense to you?

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Since it says system service I'd guess it's just a software glitch. Any new software? or hardware with drivers installed recently? (or updated)

Does it boot in safe mode? (f8 during startup and you should get a menu prompting startup in safemode (with or without networking doesn't really matter)
    If it does it just points to more of a software problem.. then it's hunting it down.

You might also try disconnecting any USB devices that are connected and see if that makes any difference.

A quick search makes it sound like it's a video driver, but thats from all the nerdy overclocking sites, so unless there was a driver update that you installed I wouldn't start there..

The computer actually starts normally without safe mode... just that one time today it seemed like the hard drive was spinning but nothing was happening.

No new software recently other than the normal windows updates. Only USB devices connected are the mouse, keyboard, printer.

.... actually, only software that I have recently installed is Google Chrome, but I got the BSOD a once or twice prior to that.

Also, something wierd i've noticed is that the computer will come out of sleep mode by itself once in a while... first time it happened i thought maybe the house shook or something and my trackball mouse triggered it to wake up. But it's "waken up" without any input since then. Is there a way to see what software is causing it to wake up? Maybe that's part of the problem.

Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer

Then windows logs, system, inside of there look for errors, that might give some more info, there should be an error generated right before the blue screen. Post up that info or a screen shot or whatever.

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    i8042prt
    That looks familiar....

I just did a filter for all errors and that one I posted is pretty common... there were also some like this (or a variation of .Net Framework issues), but i think a windows update might have fixed it..

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X64 service to connect.

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    that'll probably do it lol

Just keep an eye on it, as soon as it blue screens reboot and check the log the last one should be the error that caused it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information