Thread: Need a computer expert... (Hoax, you around?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Well it may be dead....

Just got the BSOD of death when at the instant i tried to post. Figured OK, ill start it back up and get the error code. Started it back up and as soon as i touched the mouse to go to the start menu BAMMM, BSOD again. I took a picture of it (attached).

Then it wouldn't start up.. I tried twice and the hard drive spun but that's about it.

Now (because of the error message on the BSOD) I disconnected by BT USB mouse and it seems to be starting up.

.... im wondering if a recent windows update has issues with my Logitech bluetooth mouse...

Got to the errors via the keyboard only and both errors are just the "unexpected shutdown" error.

Going to plug in the mouse to see if it gives me the BSOD again... if it does, i'll shut it down and worry about it Monday after wheeling. Will have to see if Logitech drivers were updated recently... but i gotta finish getting packed for RC.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    It should of created a restore point at the windows update unless you turned that off. Or go to remove programs you can remove the last windows update. Or up date the mouse driver or revert to the previous mouse driver.

there have been a few updates since i've gotten my first BSOD. So i'll probably do some research first online to see if anyone else has identified an issue with this mouse and the OS and then troubleshoot from there. I dont want to start reverting back and changing things without having a bit more data backing up the "mouse" issue... if it is an issue with the Logitech drivers, someone else out there must have the same problem.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Ya I would start be researching the mouse driver.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Another possible cheap fix I have used - check you cooling fans! I got the BSOD on mine because one of the internal fans wasn't running quite as fast as it used to. They do need periodic cleaning if they are in a dirty environment (under a desk, dusty, pet hair, etc). Every so often, the part of the mother board that slow fan was cooling would overheat and safety shutdown.

Had the exact same thing on my TIVO once. Was a $5.00 hardware fix that saved me from a complete failure by catching it before there was any permanent damage.
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Found this today: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967776

I'll try that first..

Ok its dead...

then....

.... my wife has an IT friend so we're going to have him take a look

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Sounds like it may be the mother board fritzing out. Everything tied to the board seems wacky. The IRQL not less than equal etc... has showed up when I've had bad RAM plus youve got the memory management issue. Sounds like somethings going on the board for it to have issues in multiple places. Seems just too random to have all those issues at once. The board is related to all. Then again it may not be. Good Luck.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Thread Information