Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Need a computer expert... (Hoax, you around?)

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    When looking up that error i found that it has to do with the PS/2 drivers (those little purple and green half round plugs that your mouse and keyboard go in for older style mouse and keyboards. If you are still using these types of plugs on the mouse and keyboard try swiitching them both to USB types and then diabiling the PS/2 ports through Device manager if you are still getting the error. Otherwise it could be malware.

A few other things that have plagued me in the past are:

I've had a Motherboard go out on me that was BSODing me at random. Then it became more and more frequent. Finally it wouldn't last 5 minutes after I turned it on. the Laptop was only about 1 year old. This may not be the problem though due to the type of error you've received. I've actually had window's update's that weren't compatible with certain bits of newer hardware on my PC. It would work just fine till windows update hit and loaded new drivers etc.... then it would start to crash at random and i'd have to rollback using the restore point feature. Everything would work fine and I'd just uncheck some of the updates that seemed to correspond to the BSOD.

I bought a newer video card last year that was an nvidia but it was so new it wasn't supported very well by it's drivers. I actually took it back and swapped it out for a radeon that had been around a bit longer and everything was kosher after that.

Another thing that can cause them is conflicts in Antivirus software. If you have more than one or two types of programs that don't interact well they can cause fatal errors. After having issues with some different ones I bought windows live one care which now is called Microsoft security essentials. It's a free download so you never have to buy antivirus for your PC again cause microsoft is handing out their own. I figure that that has to be the most windows friendly since it's made by the same company right?..... I've never had issues since I switched to it.

Sometimes new RAM memory screws up and starts causing the errors. I've had new RAM that didn't work from the start and old RAM that went bad on me after a lot of hard use.

There's a few of my experiences with some BSOD's. Don't know if any will apply but those are some options.

I build my computers for gaming and upgrade them at random so I get lot's of BSOD's and the only one I could never find a real repair or remedy for was the bogus motherboard. Hope you figure it out, keep us updated.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Both my mouse and keyboard are USB based so maybe i'll try disabling my PS/2 ports to see if that helps.

My AVS has worked great for years. Actually, i got it at a time when it was the #1 recommended software for Vista because there were issues with Norton and a few other programs not interfacing very well with the OS.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Ya know that pic of the BSOD is the first post for me on my screen and I've jumped twice now viewing this thread and the funny thing I'm on a IPad LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Ya know that pic of the BSOD is the first post for me on my screen and I've jumped twice now viewing this thread and the funny thing I'm on a IPad LOL
    LMAO

Dude, i have a "BSOD Screen Saver".... i freaked my dad out because i installed it on his computer and then just distracted him for long enough for the screen saver to come on..... he almost crapped himself (he owns his own business and it was his work computer). I couldn't play along and just started cracking up... it took him about 30 seconds to figure out why i was laughing and then about 10 seconds to kick the crap out of me

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    LMAO

Dude, i have a "BSOD Screen Saver".... i freaked my dad out because i installed it on his computer and then just distracted him for long enough for the screen saver to come on..... he almost crapped himself (he owns his own business and it was his work computer). I couldn't play along and just started cracking up... it took him about 30 seconds to figure out why i was laughing and then about 10 seconds to kick the crap out of me
    Ok three times now hahaha seriously though I jumped twice like what hell man LOL

Well it may be dead....

Just got the BSOD of death when at the instant i tried to post. Figured OK, ill start it back up and get the error code. Started it back up and as soon as i touched the mouse to go to the start menu BAMMM, BSOD again. I took a picture of it (attached).

Then it wouldn't start up.. I tried twice and the hard drive spun but that's about it.

Now (because of the error message on the BSOD) I disconnected by BT USB mouse and it seems to be starting up.

.... im wondering if a recent windows update has issues with my Logitech bluetooth mouse...

Got to the errors via the keyboard only and both errors are just the "unexpected shutdown" error.

Going to plug in the mouse to see if it gives me the BSOD again... if it does, i'll shut it down and worry about it Monday after wheeling. Will have to see if Logitech drivers were updated recently... but i gotta finish getting packed for RC.

It should of created a restore point at the windows update unless you turned that off. Or go to remove programs you can remove the last windows update. Or up date the mouse driver or revert to the previous mouse driver.

there have been a few updates since i've gotten my first BSOD. So i'll probably do some research first online to see if anyone else has identified an issue with this mouse and the OS and then troubleshoot from there. I dont want to start reverting back and changing things without having a bit more data backing up the "mouse" issue... if it is an issue with the Logitech drivers, someone else out there must have the same problem.

Ya I would start be researching the mouse driver.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information