Mine has done it more times than I can count. Usually when I'm playing in a lot of water or wash the under side of my Jeep. It's shortly accompanied by my Christmas tree dash light Service 4wheel drive/esp/abs/brake lights. Each of the last 2 times I went out a different DTC code came with it. First time was U1417 Left Speed Sensor then the next time was U1418 Right Speed Sensor.

I have a video from November Jeepskool that shows me getting sideways down a muddy trail. The faulty speed sensor was causing my esp to override and control my ABS. Which in turn was pulsing 1 front brake and 1 rear brake trying to straighten the truck out. Each time the abs released it caused a loud pop noise. It's coming from the abs pump itself.

Tonight I just replaced the rear rotors and pads. (yesterday I did the fronts) While I was under the Jeep I dropped my spare down and hosed the year or so of caked mud from under it. I must have used 100 gallons of water. Went to take the Jeep for a ride to cut in the pads and guess what came on? You guessed it. Abs was popping like a drive by in Compton and again it was code U1417!! Just because the connector got wet. Blew it out with my compressor and problem was gone.

Wish we could get a shut off switch like the JK's have. I blame that system for getting me stuck that time.