Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loud popping

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    It might be time to wire in a kill switch of the ABS system I think.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Doc in AZ's Avatar
    on the JK's we bypass the traction control and ABS system with a simple toggle switch on a wire, especailly with the superchargers installed.
    Stone Soup Metal Works, L.L.C.
    623.939.WELD
    5037 N. 54th Ave - Suite #5 85301
    Residential - Commercial - Automotive
    See our work on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats a cool tool you have there...

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I did the same thing to bypass the traction control on the XK. I have a toggle under the dash hooked to the ABS pump fuse under the hood and when I flip the switch It totally disables the Traction Control. I dont use it very often but I think once I get a locker in the rear ill use it more.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I haven't look at how to do this is there only one fuse I take it. I know I can figure this out but maybe a pic or two will help to see what you guys have done.

Here are a few pictures I took when I installed the switch.

The loud bang you here as far as I can fathom, it's the front diff that locked and if one wheel gets to much power the diff lock slips and that is the loud bang you here. The Quadra drive II system does not allow more than 25% power to one wheel and if it gets more than that, the diff lock let's go and slips. And that makes the loud "clack, clack!!!!" noise. That is how we understand it. At the end of this video clip when I reverse out of the water hole you will here the front diff lock let's go.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSk3dtKCX2E
    |________0000_
    l[__][__][_\\____\___
    l-- ________--|[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)---------(o)_)-0-)_)
    I work off shore so that I can play Off road..lol

Correct me if im wrong, but I think both of us have Quadra Trac II. Not Quadra Drive II. No diff locks here!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For any of you who have experienced this - Did you have any of the TCS systems turned off with the factory installed option or was this with them on? I run almost exclusively with them turned off by the factory switch and have never experienced this.
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

It has happened to me several times while in 4 low with TCS off by pressing and holding the TCS button for several seconds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information