Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Skid Plates

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holiday Jones View Post
    Huhm....that's not something you hear everyday, but makes a lot more sense. I'm glad you guys have already been through all this; should be able to save myself some time,$$$, and aspirin.lol
    Armor isn't a sexy upgrade like lift and tires LOL but to many people get lift and tires with no thought to armor which is useless with out armor. This video is one of my first trips off road with just the RC lift OEM skids. I still have the stock running boards on LOL You can hear me dragging the plates on the rock. If I didn't have the skids my TC might of been shot. They were all laughing at the end because the wranglers before me had a hell of a time getting up that and I kinda just walked up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NkIUnaujUo

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday Jones View Post
    Ross still had some 4x armour for sale...man, it's really starting now #projectemptywallet
    If you can get the stuff used and save some money go for it. The only issue like I said is needing the bracket because of your fuel tank. If you get 4xG skids they make the same bracket for their skids as well to work with your fuel tank skid.
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 03-03-2015 at 05:33 PM.

a fuel tank skid comes on the OEM skid plates right? I have all the OEM ones. Im guessing i still need rear guard, my custom steel bumpers kinda have a front guard, and a belly guard? sorry if im throwing your thread off topic Holiday

Senior Member Getting Dirty Holiday Jones's Avatar
    Naw bud, I'm thinking about all the same stuff
    200 Army Green Commander Limited. HEMI. QuadraDriveII!!!! 4xGuard Matrix, 3/4" D-rings, 2" Rough Country Lift, 255/75/17 BFG M/T, 1.25" wheel spacers.

Holiday I know this discussion has taken up a lot of space in your garage thread. I can easily move all these posts to another thread just let me know.

I might not be explaining this properly. Their are two fuel tank skids both are steel. The standard one most people have is missing the mounting holes to bolt on the transfer case skid.

Look at this fuel tank skid on the left hand side you can see two holes. That is where the other skids are bolted to. Most XK's don't have this skid from the factory. If you have all the OEM skids you have this one.

In this pick you can see all three OEM skids bolted to the Jeep.

Yeah, I don't have the TC cover. But that last pics I'd what I had been wanting. I couldn't picture how they went on.
    And if there's another thread similar we can go to, let's do it. If not, maybe we should make one called common sense mods.
    200 Army Green Commander Limited. HEMI. QuadraDriveII!!!! 4xGuard Matrix, 3/4" D-rings, 2" Rough Country Lift, 255/75/17 BFG M/T, 1.25" wheel spacers.

Holiday, Your garage thread is all cleaned up!

Sweet.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information