Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adjustable Rear Track Bar..

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Funny.... just the other day I pulled my Jeep into the garage to see how far off the axle was. Its maaaybe 1/8" off. I was expecting to see a huge difference with my OME HD and load levellers...
    I'm wondering if yours would be different since you have 245 tires and what size spacers??? Yours may look to be closer to center than mine (265's and 1.5 wheel spacers)
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    That wouldn't effect it since its a measure from each side. The edge of my tire sticks out nearly the same amount on both sides of the vehicle.... this would still be the case if I increased tire width or wheel backspace because neither of those have an effect on axle position.

My wheels are like having 2" spacers anyways.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Oh ok. Cool.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Hmmm.. I have the OME HD coils in the rear but no load leveling shocks and my axle was way off center. Not anymore thanks to Rusty's!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Probably has to do with factory tolerances. ... Maybe my axle originally favored the passenger side, so after the lift its barely off on the driver side...

Probably has to do with factory tolerances. ... Maybe my axle originally favored the passenger side, so after the lift its barely off on the driver side...
    How exactly did you measure to figure out its only off 1/8 inch? I was just thinking about it and I had trouble trying to get measurements when I installed the track bar. My axle was noticably off centered to the drivers side. I was underneith the XK for over 30 minutes trying figure out exactly how much it was off so I knew what to adjust the track bar to. I remember coming up with a measurement of 1/8 inch also but I knew that wasnt accurate. So I just ended up make a few adjustments to the track bar until it was visually centered left and right.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 03-27-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Pulled into garage (level ground )
    Squared up driveshaft with tcase and diff to see if there was a notable angle indicating drive side skew... none.
    Inspected position of upper & lower radius arms for similar angle.... non.
    Visually inspected from ~15 feet behind vehicle to look to any signs the axle was pulled over to the driver side..... nope, looked centered from every reference point.
    Finally took a 3' straight edge and figured out how far each tire stuck out in relation to the fenders.... driver side stuck out (barely)1/8" further.

..... the way people were saying their axles were way off I was expecting an easy visual, like when trucks with tweaked frames look like they're crab walking down the road.

Thats weird. Do you have any problem with your rear drive shaft hitting the gas tank when flexed out in the rear?

Didn't last time... we'll see this weekend when I disconnect the sway bar though

Didn't last time... we'll see this weekend when I disconnect the sway bar though
    I haven't had any issues either. I was just asking because I know Sal mentioned he did.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information