Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OME lift what else is needed

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
    turned out great... god damn i cant wait to order mine.

so has anyone NOT upgraded to the f150 load levelers?
    I haven't. Im just running the Old Man Emu rear shocks with the HD Coils.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    I have a few questions for you guys before I pull the trigger on the OME HD full suspension kit:
    What is the actual lift with just the OME HD front and rear springs?
    2.5-3" It will vary based on engine, equipment, armor etc. etc.

Where is the best place to order this kit from?
    I bought mine from a vendor off another forum named Kolak

What is the difference in ride quality of the OME HD kit vs stock?
    Stiffer.... definitely stiffer.

Is that the best kit to go with over just a coil spacer lift?
    So far.

What is this extra 1/4" spacer from JB all about for the front coils?
    There are spacers that can be stacked on the coils, the actual amount of lift you get from them is usually MORE. I would not recommend stacking anything on HD Coils in the front. Your CV's and Steering rack and pinion will bare the consequences of this. I bought .25" spacers to put on mine. If you did go with that.

I like the idea of the Monroe F150 rear coil over shocks but how much more does it stiffen the rear when unloaded?
    My OME MD ride with Monroe Loads in the rear is noticeably more firm of a ride. I would expect at least as much the same results on an HD system.

Do I need the wheel spacers for anything other than widening the track width for stability?
    You don't NEED an adjustable track bar for 2.5". Wheel spacers will improve the handling on XK's a lot. But one of them will comment on that.
    I will be installing the lift at my buddies garage using his two post lift.

Thanks for any and all help.
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 03-30-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I would add that you can order the OME from Steel Armadillo... a vendor on this forum

I just showed my wife the pic of hoaxci5's Commander on page 2 of this thread and that is the exact look we are after for our Jeep. If the HD coils are that much stiffer can I use the MD coils front and rear plus the 1/4" thick Rusty's/JB spacers in the front and the Monroe coil overs in the rear to "lighten" the siffness while maintaining the same amount of vertical lift?

I am after a minumum of 2.5"of lift without tooooo much stiffness added to the ride. We plan on adding 265-70-17 tires next year or 18" rims and similiar diameter all terrain tires.

I like the idea of wheel spacers but are 1" thick spacers available or do they start at 1.25" thick? What is the added leverage effect like on the factory wheel bearings in regard to longevity?

The 07 Commander has the following options:

Limited
    no factory skid plates
    QD II
    Trailering package
    basically all other options except Nav and rear DVD

Thanks again for the suggestions.

They make 1 inch wheel spacers buti think you would have to grind down the stock studs on the wheel bearing hub assembly to make them work. Or press in shorter studs.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    They make 1 inch wheel spacers buti think you would have to grind down the stock studs on the wheel bearing hub assembly to make them work. Or press in shorter studs.
    I believe you are right on this. That's why most people get 1.25 or above.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post
    I believe you are right on this. That's why most people get 1.25 or above.
    I was originally going to go with 1 inch spacers years ago but when I found that out I decided to go with the 1.25 inch.

Ordered my OME HD lift from Kolak yesterday. Instead of the OME rear shocks I had Nick ship me Bilstein 5125's instead. They are the 255/70 valving 28" OAL and 17" collapsed length. Kit should be here in 2-3 weeks. I am not going to put the 1/4" thk JBA spacers in unless the front end is too low. I really don't want it to be an stiffer than it has to be up front.

I also had him ship out four Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers to help add some clearance for the 265-65-17 tire to upper steering knuckle stud situation. Right now I only have about 1/4" there.

Thanks for all the help. Will take pics and post them once the lift is installed.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    The relation between you knuckle and tire will never change so if it clears it will always clear. The spacers will give it a nicer stance and more stability off road. Can't wait to see pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have ordered from ok4wd. You would have everything in 2-3 days for ground shipping

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information