Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whos Commander is this?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Well if he hasn't learned after the last time with that knuckle head them he never will.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    True....

Give it some time though... he did just expand like crazy with the acquisition of 4XG. And from what I saw, that's probably a lot of work in itself depending on how his JBA business was staffed.... plus the work he's putting into the WK and XK 6" kits.... he probably doesn't have much time to browse these forums even if he wanted to.

So ill still hold out hope that JBA/4XG will eventually be active here in the near future. I think he'll need to be to really sell those kits.....

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    There was one guy on JC that had the SL and spacer. He was running the 18 inch Sahara wheels on 35 inch Fierce MTs I think. His XK was 4wd and I think his Forum name was Trailer8 maybe. Anyways, I figure if there is an XK with an 8 inch running around it would be cool to get some more info.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

I bet he is busy I can understand that I was just saying if that was a 2wd XK then oh boy LOL. I'm very interested in this lift getting completed and some solid prices being advertised. I'm guessing though it's going to be in the same price range of a SFA conversion or maybe even more. If that is the case I will just do the SFA I'm loyal to my XK not the suspension LOL

I think Jon should become a superlift and KING distributor. ... then size up some KING coilovers that are adjustable for 4-6" ($1700 per the last email I got from them) that can be sold as a supplement to the SL and maybe even some rear shocks to match.... then a 2" spacer for the rear and whallaaaah, some competition (with the addition of some control arms anyways. )

I guess it's about what you want out of your jeep. If we approach $6k for a 6" lift then that's SFA swap prices. For me I would do the swap and loose the on road benefits of the IFS and gain the off road benefits of the SFA but that's me.

I doubt anyone would realistically pay that....

I think ~5" and a solid set of 33s is the optimal setup for me. It'll probably start with the SL+JBA arms+spacers and then eventually morph into coilovers up front. .... just need to sell my Jeep liberty, pay off the XK and wait until one of my kids is done daycare... then ill get to start playing for real!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    ^agreed - Until I do an engine swap. 4-5" of lift with 33x12.5's will probably be my max lift. 8" is by far too much lift for me. But, I can definitely see myself doing the SL this time next year.

I don't have a height limit. It will be what ever is nessacary to fit the tire size I decide on. I'd like to stay as low as possible. I think matt has a good number 5" lift probably be perfect.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think Jon should become a superlift and KING distributor. ... then size up some KING coilovers that are adjustable for 4-6" ($1700 per the last email I got from them) that can be sold as a supplement to the SL and maybe even some rear shocks to match.... then a 2" spacer for the rear and whallaaaah, some competition (with the addition of some control arms anyways. )
    I can sell both those items!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information