Thread: Sailed across Lake Michigan

Senior Member Getting Dirty

Sailed across Lake Michigan

Last week me, my son, and a friend of his sailed my Catalina 30 from Muskegon, Michigan to Milwaukee, Wisconsin and back. Left Tuesday morning and 13 hours later arrived at a marina in Milwaukee. We had to motor a little less than half of the day because the winds were light in the middle and sometimes not in a beneficial direction. We spent three nights in Milwaukee and sailed back Friday morning. On Friday we had to motor about 30 minutes near Milwaukee due to light winds, then we sailed the rest of the way with no motoring until we got into the Muskegon channel. It took us a little over 11 hours on the return trip. Average speed on these trips are about 6 knots,

Pictures will follow later.
    2007 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Rusty's 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, GetLost4x4's front hitch mount for portable winch.GY Duratracs 265/70R17s, Rola Roof Rack.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thats awesome ! Sailing is something I've always wanted to do, but have yet to get the chance. I've no experiance, if I tried your trip I'd probably end up in Nebraska somewhere . LOL !!
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Thread Information