Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XK Fuel Economy

Member Looking for Dirt

XK Fuel Economy

OK guys I get it, big V8 low MPG. That said what are you guys getting gas milleage wise? If you have mods that will effect it for instance if you are on a 2" lift with 33's let us know.

By the dash computers and mixed highway / city:
    06 4.7 QT-II - 13.3 MPG
    06 5.7 QD-II - 11.3 MPG

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jantrit View Post
    OK guys I get it, big V8 low MPG. That said what are you guys getting gas milleage wise? If you have mods that will effect it for instance if you are on a 2" lift with 33's let us know.

By the dash computers and mixed highway / city:
    06 4.7 QT-II - 13.3 MPG
    06 5.7 QD-II - 11.3 MPG
    That seems to be about right. With my mods that's about what I get with the 4.7. Sometimes I get better but I drive pretty slow and don't get stuck in traffic and have about one light between me and my work.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have found my mileage to be VERY dependant on tire inflation. I have found for longer highway driving, if I overinflate to 45-50psi (well within tolerances of the tire, just more than Jeep recommends) I get 15-17mpg depending on terrain (not by the dash computer, but by gps miles traveled/gallons used). At 40psi, that goes down to about 13-14 and at 35psi about 12mpg. 40 and 35psi are estimates, it has been a while since I actually ran that psi on the road to check. I find it is worth the trade off for the little rougher ride to save the $$, especially since some of my favorite wheeling areas are a couple hours freeway driving away from home.

So far I am having no uneven tire wear (a sign of true overinflation) and be sure if you are going to try higher psi u stay within what the tire is designed for.
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I'm in the 12-13 range, mostly city with some highway on my 07 5.7L, added mods/weight and agressive tires.

But im not heavy on the throttle, though i don't granny it either.

Depending on the mileage, you may be due for plugs and other maintenance that'll revive some of the lost mileage. If that 5.7L is stock, i bet it needs some plugs, pcv valve and some fluids changed.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    2" BB lift with skids & also using the Flashpaq on Performance and mostly city driving and get about
    12 mpg
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I am consistently in the 10 to 12 range and you can see all my mods in my signature. With the big tires and all the steel on my Jeep I think I do pretty good.

You can add fuelly to your signature if you keep track of your actual fuel-ups and it gives you the accurate reading (mine is 10.9 mpg).
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    gas mileage......LOL !!!!!!!!
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I am consistently in the 10 to 12 range and you can see all my mods in my signature. With the big tires and all the steel on my Jeep I think I do pretty good.

You can add fuelly to your signature if you keep track of your actual fuel-ups and it gives you the accurate reading (mine is 10.9 mpg).
    fuelly....nice hadn't seen that before.

Member Looking for Dirt
    The wife usually drives the commander, and every time I get in this thing it is between 9.8 and 10.8 max which is comical really. I have tried everything to get better economy as far as maintenence (New oem plugs, afe intake, cat back exhaust,pcv, all fluids, seafoam, ect.).. Driving in the city 90% certainly does not help, but the best possible economy I can get at highway speed is about 16 with MDS fully kicked going slightly downhill while hitting the reset button..I keep telling myself it is the tire size skewing the numbers but lets be honest, it's not gonna be anywhere near as much as I would like..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peteyturbo View Post
    The wife usually drives the commander, and every time I get in this thing it is between 9.8 and 10.8 max which is comical really.
    lol well there's your problem!!

I'll get between 14-16 depending on my speed on the highway... if i keep it around 70-75 its closer to 14mpg for me. Drop down to 65-70 and it'll climb to the high 15s.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information