Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Duratracs or STTs

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I have the new version of the MT/R's with Kevlar. Im on my second set and about to order my third in a few months. My tires are excelent in the ice and snow but I did a little siping/groving to them since the tread is getting low. I live in Upstate NY and we get hammered with snow.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Good to know.... What kind of life are you getting out of them??

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Well the set I have now I had installed in September 2010 the day before I went to Rausch Creek. They have about 25% tread left and about 25,000 miles on them. I know thats not a lot of miles for a set of tires but my front end alignment has been jacked up for quite some time now and the tires are cupping on the outside. Im in need of JBA UCA's. The inner lugs actuall have about 40% tread. Im going through the entire front end next month and will be installing new upper and lower UCA's, along with the passenger side inner and outer tire rod. Just replace the drivers side inner and outer last week cause it was shot.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt naidib04's Avatar
    Thanks for all the input guys. I got some research to do before I go and pick out a new set.
    2006 WK Limited - Hemi, QDII, OME HD with MLL, 265/70R17 Firestone Destination MT, Gutter Guard Grill, Cobra CB with 3' whip, Custom 3'' exhaust, aFe CAI with Pre-filter, Low Profile Driving Lights, Saguaro 4xC CB mount, Rear Hitch Recovery with 3/4 D-Ring Shackle, Front Tow Hooks, Superchips Flashpaq 3875, Shorty Antenna, Rola Roof Rack, Rusty's Adj. Rear Track Bar

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Only piece of advice I can give is as great as my MT's are off road and aired down I would give some of that back for a quiter tire I think.

Member Looking for Dirt naidib04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Only piece of advice I can give is as great as my MT's are off road and aired down I would give some of that back for a quiter tire I think.
    Well my exhaust is loud enough where I can't really hear the road noise unless I'm crusing at like 30.
    2006 WK Limited - Hemi, QDII, OME HD with MLL, 265/70R17 Firestone Destination MT, Gutter Guard Grill, Cobra CB with 3' whip, Custom 3'' exhaust, aFe CAI with Pre-filter, Low Profile Driving Lights, Saguaro 4xC CB mount, Rear Hitch Recovery with 3/4 D-Ring Shackle, Front Tow Hooks, Superchips Flashpaq 3875, Shorty Antenna, Rola Roof Rack, Rusty's Adj. Rear Track Bar

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by naidib04 View Post
    Well my exhaust is loud enough where I can't really hear the road noise unless I'm crusing at like 30.
    They vibrate a lot as well LOL it will change the ride of the XK though just some FYI. for all around off road traction they can't be beat they bite real hard.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information