Thread: The 30-day fix-me list

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    If it starts, drive it. Call the rental co after you get to work and let them figure it out.
    Was working as designed. Someone thought it would be a good idea to put a warning light in for something that is totally expected.
    06 5.7 Hemi Limited XK
    06 4.7 XK

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thought I'd throw an update out there. Got the Hemi back on Friday. They are replacing the windshield with a factory one that will have the rain sensor and think that will fix the headlight issues. The parts get here on Monday. The coolant leak was coming from the thermostat housing, they fixed that. They found a leak in the rear pinion seal and fixed that as well. Carmax had to send it to the local Jeep dealership to figure out the headlight issue and Jeep did the other work as well.

Now the more interesting part. The Carmax service rep said that there wasn't anything due at 60k miles. There was no need to replace the dif fluid, trans, transfer case until 90k unless it was a fleet use vehicle or heavy towing / off road. I'm having it all done anyway since I have no idea what the previous owner did with it and it would give me peace of mind knowing all the fluids are fresh. That and I have to give it back to them on monday to put in the windshield anyway. What do you guys think? 90k before a fluid change in a QD-II system seems like a lot of miles. What are your thoughts?
    06 5.7 Hemi Limited XK
    06 4.7 XK

Thread Information