Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CUV's

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar

CUV's

If you have been tuning in on the Trade in or Buy tires thread, you will know I may be in the market for a new car.

Anyone have any experience with ANY CUV's? Ford Edge, Mazda CX-7 or Equinox etc.

What do you own?
    Would you buy again?
    Feel you got your moneys worth?
    Why you chose the car?

All input is valued, thanks!
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    The only advice I can give you is what to stay away from IMO. GMC, Chrysler (not Jeep though LOL) Toyota. Every company takes there turn at the top of the food chain and right now its Ford. The German guys are still good as usual VW BMW and so on. I was impressed with kia's options and stuff but couldn't get over the name KIA LOL same goes for Hyundai. Just my opinion on the subject I know we have chevy and dodge guys here so sorry but there crap LOL. I'm not brand loyal I have a passat and an f150 in my driveway with my Jeep LOL

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    given a few years ago I would have said stay away from Chrysler, but since Fiat took over the quality & workmanship has gone up from what it use to be. Also I have to preface this next comment I am not a Ford person so not going to rec one of them.
    I have rented a few of the new Chryslers (300c AWD) over the last year & have been very impressed & not just with the 300c, the suv/cuv's IMO are pretty nice.

Now about the Equinox Motor Week has put it at the top of their lists for the last few years with out fail. I have driven quite a few cx-7 & 9's & enjoyed the power and what comes with them & friends I know with them really enjoy them.
    Good Luck on finding the replacement car/cuv, I am in the process of the same & have been researching a lot of cars right now.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Sal hit it on the head...every few yrs it seems one company or the other rise a little bit above the others. I'm not usually a fan,but Mazda seems to stand out this year. I recently went to the auto show in phila,and I have to admit it...those CX-7s were pretty impresive.

Awesome insight! Thanks so far. God this is why I love this close knit group, lots of help over here.

Yeah, right now we like the Ford Edge, Mazda cx7 and Equinox. But we have yet to drive any, so we shall see.
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Also pay attention to options and quality versus price. Ford has tons of incentives right now and good interest rates. VW didn't have much in kick backs but great interest rate and good quality versus price. I think fords prices are inflated so they can knock thousands off for you. The f150 listed at 37k I sat there until we got it for 30k with free stuff thrown in LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Won't be much of a contribution, but... my older sis owns the Mazda CX-7 - Fast little SUV... I like how it drives, but dont' care for the interior. The Equinox is nice too - Both vehicles drive and handle like cars which I don't care for, but they are very quiet, and comfortable. More importantly, both vehicles come with optional AWD, make sure she gets it. Safer for her and the kids, and ends up being cheaper to insure. But both vehicles are acceptable to me, I just can't own anything other than a Jeep... Or Porsche. I don't know much about the ford edge.

Has she considered a Jeep KK?

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    My uncle is a traveling sales rep and is on his 2nd Edge. I drove his, and it is nice. Since he lives in the thing he got a Limited and all the gizmos, but he runs them to 150k adn trades it in.

I wanted to get one of these instead of the Commander when we first started looking.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Won't be much of a contribution, but... my older sis owns the Mazda CX-7 - Fast little SUV... I like how it drives, but dont' care for the interior. The Equinox is nice too - Both vehicles drive and handle like cars which I don't care for, but they are very quiet, and comfortable. More importantly, both vehicles come with optional AWD, make sure she gets it. Safer for her and the kids, and ends up being cheaper to insure. But both vehicles are acceptable to me, I just can't own anything other than a Jeep... Or Porsche. I don't know much about the ford edge.

Has she considered a Jeep KK?
    Cant get her to want a jeep. She wants something a little bigger than the KK but not a XK. I a WKII would be sweet, but the price and MPG's it would be just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    My uncle is a traveling sales rep and is on his 2nd Edge. I drove his, and it is nice. Since he lives in the thing he got a Limited and all the gizmos, but he runs them to 150k adn trades it in.

I wanted to get one of these instead of the Commander when we first started looking.
    Yeah, Our perfect match would be an Edge, but they are a little more money and a little less MPG's. So unless we find the perfect deal it may be a long shot.

God I sound like a hippie with all this MPG talk, but Money is Money. But im fine with my wk getting 13.5 mpg

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    [QUOTE=BonesWK;26298]Cant get her to want a jeep. She wants something a little bigger than the KK but not a XK. I a WKII would be sweet, but the price and MPG's it would be just dumb.

My dad gets 23-25 mpg with his WKII
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information