Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CUV's

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt_JWS View Post
    looks good, its not the turbo version by chance?!
    Unfortunately no. But I was hearing bad things about those anyways... taking 93 octane only, and crappy mileage.

It would have been cool though, I have always wanted a turbo vehicle.
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Congrats, man... My sis has one like this but hers is blue. Did you get the AWD like I recommended?!?!?!

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Congrats, man... My sis has one like this but hers is blue. Did you get the AWD like I recommended?!?!?!
    Negative on the AWD.. I didnt even see that as an option on the several we looked at.
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Lt_JWS's Avatar
    yeah your most likely better off without the turbo
    2006 XK 4.7V8 | Quadra-Drive II |2 1/2" Lift | K&N Filter| Port and Polished Throttle Body| Magnaflow# 12256 | Leather, heated seats, Command View| Factory Tow hooks | Full factory skids | Rear D-Ring Shackle |1.25" front/1" rear spacers | JK Wheels | 245/75R17 Nitto TG

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Bumping this back up...

Our accord died this morning which is forcing us to buy a new vehicle at least a year before we planned (didn't want a car payment with 3 kids in daycare).

They don't make the CX7 anymore but i'm considering a 6spd manual FWD CX5.... so kind of curious if you're still happy with your purchase?

My two front runners right now are:
    Mazda CX-5
    Subaru Forrestor

.... i'll be test driving both in the AM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    I'm biased towards Subarus...they're pretty reliable, safe, awesome AWD system, and are pretty fun to drive. However, the Mazda is pretty good too. Definitely test drive both of them!
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    I'm a Subaru guy (after Jeep, of course). We have a 2006 Outback XT that has performed flawlessly!
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

I've always been a Subaru guy too, but the CX-5 is a nice looking vehicle with good ratings. The 6spd manual FWD version has me interested as well... 35 mpg and easily below $25k out the door. This vehicle is going to fill the void of a 2001 Accord DX (small engine, no power windows, no power locks, no options at all), so anything is a huge step up.

Once the dealerships open up this morning my son and I are going to check out both, get a few quotes and go from there.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Id go subaru, I used to work at a Mazda/Nissan dealership in college when those first came out. I never liked the cheap looking and feeling interior, the only thing i did like was their stereo. My friend is Pittsburgh has a new forestor and its real nice. You know how winter gets in Pitt and it performed ridiculously easy going through the back hills in almost a blizzard.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Definitely a Subaru lover here too (had a 2009 Legacy for a while... had to get rid of it due to rear facing car seat fitment). And I've seen how much snow those things can handle first hand up in Vermont.

Not that those features aren't helpful in posturing the Forrester over the CX-5, but having the XK in the garage somewhat offsets the benefit in that department.

Styling and the ability to customize the CX5 a bit more than the Forrester, plus the lower price tag is giving the CX5 a good vibe in my book

At the same time, I know multiple people who drive Subaru's for 200k miles and then get a new one. They don't get rid of them because of issues, but because they're just ready for a new car. So the proven reliability of the Subaru is a huge plus as well.

It's definitely going to be interesting test driving these vehicles today!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information