Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypertech 3.7L Review

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    By Request.

Pro's and Con's of the Hypertech Max Energy Programmer for owners of the 3.7L Engine

Con's
    1. Interface is kinda cheap - it has a digital analog display, This is my primary dislike about this thing, but I don't have to look at it every day.
    2. Lacks ability to store multiple specs (some specs are more conducive for various environments ie; offroading vs highway driving).
    3. Process is admittedly a little slow - (but this is mostly a personal problem)
    4. Cannot manipulate Shift Points (The next version should definitely include this for 3.7's... hint hint Hypertech.)

Pro's.
    1. Functional, Practical, Effective (Does what it says it will do ie: more hp, more torque, better mpg's)
    2. Great Initiative (currently the only viable tuner for 3.7's to my knowledge)
    3. Straight Forward Install (instructions were more than sufficient for install, which included updating software, before updating my programmer before reprogramming the Jeep ).
    4. Price is appropriate (for the most part)
    5. Customer Service (this is BIG for me, when I cannot contact you or you don't respond to my e-mail in 24hrs. I tend to get really pissed off!)

Suggestions for Hypertech
    This is the only real viable programmer available for the 3.7's. Having said that, I kinda feel like I'm cornered into a position where I HAVE to test it, lol. While I'm sure it has undergone various testing and perfecting - I still feel it is a product that can only get better for us - So please don't stop Hypertech, continue to develop this program. Most will pay $400+ for this programmer, when you open it and take a look at it, it probably won't feel like there's 400 dollars in your hand, which is a little saddening - BUT, once you plug it into your jeep, program everything, and it says success - you squint your eyes, look in the opposite direction that your eyes are looking, crank the jeep and take it for a ride. You relax on the price after a bit - (but you always keep it in the back of your head). I think this is something that Hypertech should continue to keep the ball rolling on. A faster programmer, with more options (memory storing abilities, shift point modifications, touch screen or more up-to-date interface display.) Overall I would probably give this product a 'B to a B+'

Member Looking for Dirt cprokopf's Avatar
    What kind of improvements are you really seeing? I've read multiple reviews on this product with mixed reviews. I believe that your take on the product would be the most logical to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by cprokopf View Post
    What kind of improvements are you really seeing? I've read multiple reviews on this product with mixed reviews. I believe that your take on the product would be the most logical to believe.
    I dont have a dyno or know of one to go out and test to see what the numbers are for torq and hp. But I do know the speedo is working, the fan temp calibration works, and the rev limit modification works. I def know im registering better MPG's in city and highway. Ive heard that there is speculation to if the rear gear change actually worksor not.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Mine should be here in a few days. Here's to hoping I have the same success!

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    According to Hypertech's website it does allow you to manipulate the shift points. Assuming you bought #52501:
    Shift Points

The Max Energy allows you to raise or lower the shift points in 100 RPM increments for maximum performance, quicker acceleration, and better 1/4-mile times. With the Max Energy Power Programmer, you have the ability to customize the shift points for every gear. Optimizing each shift point can definitely improve performance.
    http://www.hypertech.com/products-max-energy.aspx

One thing I cannot find is if it allows you to tune to specific grades of octane.
    Edit: Never mind, I guess it does.
    Last edited by DetroitMarauder; 02-10-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Nice AJ, great to finally have "something" for the ******* children! I will probably order my update in the comming weeks.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

It can... It will ask for gas specs... You can select stock, regular, and I think it has premium- I willconfirm the diff grades in the morning - onky thing im confused about is ifi should tune it first then pump the gas, or pump the gas and then tune.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    It can... It will ask for gas specs... You can select stock, regular, and I think it has premium- I willconfirm the diff grades in the morning - onky thing im confused about is ifi should tune it first then pump the gas, or pump the gas and then tune.
    My guess would be make sure the gas is you program for is the gas your actually running.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Now you need to add Hypertech to your sig line, yo.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information