Thread: Criket's garage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Man I love watching these types of projects.. I really want to get a TJ, even more an LJ and build her up, I've always had something for them...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for following man.Yea this has been a great project. I've learned a lot from working on this TJ. One thing I do know though, if you ever get a TJ, get standard, metric, external torx, internal torx, and any other tool they sell because a TJ takes them ALL! LOL

If I have some money in the next couple of weeks, my WK is going in the garage for a few things. We'll see how the financials hold up. Stay tuned.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    hahaha Ill keep that in mind, funny thats not the first time Ive read that, I watch builds on JF.com for inspiration!! Ill be looking for your updates on the WK!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Progress was made today. Ricky and I pulled a 12 hour shift in the garage. I'm tired, lol.

It started well but when we went to line up the clutch and input in the transmission, we ran into a problem. The clutch wasn't lined up correctly and no auot parts store had any line up tools. So after 4 hours of wrestling with it and going to a couple parts stores, we decided to line it up ourselves. It worked!!!!!!! Don't ask me how but it did.

One other thing we had to do was to get a longer bar for the engine hoist/cherry picker. The one that came with it was way too short and we couldn't get the motor back into the jeep far enough. So my buddy Phillip works at a garage and said they had a longer one that would work. It was about 4 foot longer, lol. It worked too!!!!!

Here we are putting the motor in the first time.

We put the motor in and took it out 4-5 times before it finally lined up with the transmission and everything. We got it in and all the trans bolts tightened down.

Right after it went in for the last time (I hope).

As you can see in the above pictures, we had just got it in and tightened down to the trans and motor mounts. No wires were reconnected and the point above.

Then we started pluging everything back up. This was the easist part thanks to me and Ricky labeling EVERY wire, nut, and bolt that we removed.

And this is where we ended the night (after 9 pm).

Left to do:
    -Install surpentine belt.
    -Install fan
    -Install radiator, radiator shroud, and grill.

I have to thank Ricky, Rocky, Charles, Pa, and Phillip for all their help today. We wouldn't have got anything done without all you guys help.
    Last edited by criket; 03-16-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: clarity
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Well made it to here tonight.

Seems like the list to completion never ends, lol.
    -Install lower radiator hose
    -Install sway bar
    -Install plastic thingy on front that covers up sway bar
    -Install factory air intake
    -Button up interior around gear shift
    -Fill with fluids
    -Test drive

Almost there.......
    Last edited by criket; 03-18-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Almost there. Last night I installed the lower radiator hose after I heated it with a lighter, installed the sway bar and the plastic cover thing, and installed thefactory intake. no pictures becasue it was all pretty simple.

Ricky is bringing by the fluids and some weather stripping to finish it up today.

I got the fluids in last night. Filled with oil and coolant. I finished buttoning up the interior around the trans tunnel. Hooked up the battery all the lights work! Yay!.

Tried to start it last night. nothing. no click. nothing. So I have it narrowed down to the battery, wiring from battery to starter/solenoid, connection on start/solenoid, or the kill safety switch for the clutch. The good news is that it's nothing mechanical, lol. Just electrical.

I'll have another go at it tonight. Wish me luck.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Looking forward to hearing her run again! Good luck tonight

Another note, where in NC are you? Ill be making the move next 6-8 months, also going to Charlotte for the Nascar race if you have any interest in going! Always good time!! haha
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Thread Information