Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Criket's garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar

Criket's garage

Well, I suppose it's about time to start my build/garage. I'm combining my Jeep build with my garage build since they are both on-going at the same time.

The Jeep is a 2005 Grand Cherokee with a V6 and QT1. (I'll come back and update my jeep build soon.)

The garage is a 24' x 30' stick built wrapped in metal with 2 nine foot automatic garage doors and a basic 36" passage door.

Originally when I moved here 3 years ago, there was an old building behind my house. It was a 20' x 20' block building and the roof was about to cave in. I stored what I had to in there but I always hated it. I don't have any pictures of it because it was that pathetic. Well, summer of 2011, some stupid idiot broke into that crappy block building an stole a few tools. I was pissed to say the least and said I'll fix it so they won't be able to do that again. So I hired a crew and they built my garage August 2011.

First the old building came down and a pad was made.

6" x 6" post in each corner and 2" x 6" studs go horizontal. And the passage door.

Rafters, sheathing boards (spelling?), and begin wrapping it with some insulation and white metal on the sides.

Finish white metal sides and charcoal gray roof. Eaves are boxed to keep the critters out. (critters = birds and thiefs)

Concrete poured. 4 inches all around with 6" at the sides. The cieling is 10' tall so no room for a lift thus only need 4" of concrete.

SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Pretty col man about time you posted a garage thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Pretty col man about time you posted a garage thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yea I know. I would have had more last night but my internet quit, ARGH!!! I'll add more today.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Couple more close up of concrete and the doors.

And the finshed shell. I have since washed all the red mud off, lol.

Since then I have filled it up with all my junk and my wife's stuff.

We were pretty packed on the floor with all the stuff so me and my dad built and overhead storage.

A couple of weeks ago, I hung receptacle boxes and ran the wire for them. And this past weekend I installed a few receptacles. Pretty straight forward stuff.

Here are a couple of random inside pics. Excuse the mess, I'm still working on it. The mess drives me NUTS!!!!

And my wife's car. 2008 Acura TL. Quick little car. I cna't wait to pay it off so we can mod it!!!!

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    wow dude nice work on the garage. looks great!
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Quote Originally Posted by BonesWK View Post
    wow dude nice work on the garage. looks great!
    Thanks man! It's slow progress but I love working on it. I grew up doing carpenter work with my dad so I love doing this type of stuff.

OK now to the jeep.

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, V6, QT1, Khaki outside, tan inside.

I don't think I have any stocker pictures but you all know what it would look like. It was in the body shop getting a new front end where the PO hit a deer at 55 mph. So I bought for a steal.

Within 6 months or so of having it, I added a 2" Rusty's lift, Moabs, 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, and a Rola Roof rack.

I didn't do much offroading at this time. I didn't know people that did and I had no where close by.

About a year after owning it, I added JKS front discos, 4xGuard Matrix with Receiver, and a CB.

Last edited by criket; 02-13-2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Wrong picture

So I finally found some cool dudes to go offroading with. And this is pretty much what I did for about a year besides normal maintenance.

This is Scott from SC. His rig looks completely different now.

So does AJ's

After seeing Sal's 4xG belly guard, I knew I had to have one. I don't have any pics of the install (there's plenty elsewhere) but I do have aftermath pictures, LOL.

Muffler

OEM Fuel skid

Crossmembers

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information