Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Criket's garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post

What's you guy's thoughts on bedlining the interior and installing a couple of drain holes? How would bedliner in khaki color look?
    Just be careful with some of the modules located under the seat. Having a bed-lined floor with drain holes may give you (or someone else) a false sense of security and try hosing down the floor when it gets dirty.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Just be careful with some of the modules located under the seat. Having a bed-lined floor with drain holes may give you (or someone else) a false sense of security and try hosing down the floor when it gets dirty.
    Yea this is true. It wouldn't be good hosing it down and then the passenger air bag module not work.

I hope I can clean the original carpet and get the moldy smell out. Ugh....
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    You can get spray that kills the mold and the smell. I wouldn't line the floor the carpet and pad I'm sure you noticed by now blocks out a lot of noise and in a few months a lot of heat. I would just replace the seal and get it water tight again.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Lt_JWS's Avatar
    you have a sunroof? Mine did the same thing..... ended up being the drain, it had shrunk over time(I guess) and was leaking into my drivers side floorboard, just extended it and no problems since. On the XK its behind the large bundle of wires beside the drivers kick panel.
    2006 XK 4.7V8 | Quadra-Drive II |2 1/2" Lift | K&N Filter| Port and Polished Throttle Body| Magnaflow# 12256 | Leather, heated seats, Command View| Factory Tow hooks | Full factory skids | Rear D-Ring Shackle |1.25" front/1" rear spacers | JK Wheels | 245/75R17 Nitto TG

Quote Originally Posted by Lt_JWS View Post
    you have a sunroof? Mine did the same thing..... ended up being the drain, it had shrunk over time(I guess) and was leaking into my drivers side floorboard, just extended it and no problems since. On the XK its behind the large bundle of wires beside the drivers kick panel.
    No sunroof. I'll pull the cover over those bundle of wires and have a looksee. Thanks for the replies guys.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Criket, I would think bedliner would be HOT in the summer, especially in the NC heat. Just my thoughts
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesWK View Post
    Criket, I would think bedliner would be HOT in the summer, especially in the NC heat. Just my thoughts
    And old as crap in the winter. I have a tendancy to become really barbaric at times and drive around barefoot. I can't imagine doing that with the floor bedlined.

Oh man that would burn LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't be any worse than the floorboards on the rusty Toyota truck I use to have. I went and got my tetenus shot the day I bought it.

Ok small update on the carpet deal. I just got back from Alabama on business and the carpet is still a little damp, not much. The inside of the Jeep has a slight smell to it but only happens when it sits in the hot sun all day. I may have to replace some of the padding underneath the pedals or spray that stuff Sal was talking about.

Where does one get that spray Sal? Auto Zone?

Mine had that real bad smell when I was dealing with my leaking issues. Not sure what brand the guy used but after he sprayed everything the smell wen't away. I seen mold spray at Home Depot the other day next to the acetone. Your carpet is taking to long to dry bro your risking more mold smell on that. I would put a box fan or two on it that thing will be dry in an hour. I think if you want to spray your floor it couldn't hurt as long as the carpet and pad were going back in. Depending on what you spray it with you could even reduce your temperatures in the cab isn't there some type of reflective heat reducing spray stuff?

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information