Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Criket's garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Well made it to here tonight.

Seems like the list to completion never ends, lol.
    -Install lower radiator hose
    -Install sway bar
    -Install plastic thingy on front that covers up sway bar
    -Install factory air intake
    -Button up interior around gear shift
    -Fill with fluids
    -Test drive

Almost there.......
    Last edited by criket; 03-18-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Almost there. Last night I installed the lower radiator hose after I heated it with a lighter, installed the sway bar and the plastic cover thing, and installed thefactory intake. no pictures becasue it was all pretty simple.

Ricky is bringing by the fluids and some weather stripping to finish it up today.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

I got the fluids in last night. Filled with oil and coolant. I finished buttoning up the interior around the trans tunnel. Hooked up the battery all the lights work! Yay!.

Tried to start it last night. nothing. no click. nothing. So I have it narrowed down to the battery, wiring from battery to starter/solenoid, connection on start/solenoid, or the kill safety switch for the clutch. The good news is that it's nothing mechanical, lol. Just electrical.

I'll have another go at it tonight. Wish me luck.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Looking forward to hearing her run again! Good luck tonight

Another note, where in NC are you? Ill be making the move next 6-8 months, also going to Charlotte for the Nascar race if you have any interest in going! Always good time!! haha
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Looking forward to hearing her run again! Good luck tonight

Another note, where in NC are you? Ill be making the move next 6-8 months, also going to Charlotte for the Nascar race if you have any interest in going! Always good time!! haha
    Guess what dude? The Jeep TJ RUNS!!!!!!

Oh my gosh it feels so good to hear it run like a top! Runs smooth, no oil leaks, no coolant leaks, and it shifts into grear and moves!!!! I couldn't get it into reverse but I think thats becasue the shifter hits the tub/tunnel shifter plate. It will go into 2nd and 4th but not reverse. I think it hits because of the 1" motor mount lift and it raised everything. We may have to trim it some. No biggie.

I'm in Dobson, NC. If you leave binghamton, ny, follow 81 south all the way until you hit 77 in southwest Virginia. Then head 77 south towards Charlotte, NC and I'm about 20 minutes south of the Virginia border once you cross it on 77 going into NC. So if you are goign to Charlotte, swing by my place. I'm only 4 miles from interstate 77.

Nice man congrats on getting her going! The shifter is easy though but with ant Jeep that to do list will continue to grow hahaha!

Yea man I'll let you know about Charlotte were may be flying but the idea of renting an RV came up last night so I'll keep you updated. Either way I'll be in NC by fall/beginning of winter so we will have to meet up..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Finished it up tonight. I had to trim the metal plate around the shifter to get it in reverse. I also had to trim the plastic console a tad but I'm going to let Ricky finish that. I'm afraid to keep trimming because you'll see it and I'm not sure what he wants to do.

So the jeep is in front of the garage, loaded up with all Ricky's old parts and tools, and he is coming to pick it up in the morning. I checked the ground and still no oil leaks or coolant leaks. I think I nailed this one guys
    Last edited by criket; 03-22-2013 at 07:27 PM. Reason: I can't spell worth poo

What No pics?!?

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    What No pics?!?

LOL my bad. I failed at taking pics this time. I was so excited to have it move out of the garage and hearing it run without any leaks, i forgot aout pictures. PLus it was 10 pm and dark.

Just talked to Ricky. We forgot to line up the steering wheel after the new track bar went on, lol. He said it's off by a good bit. Also, he thinks his water pump has a small leak. He said that he sees a drop of coolant every little bit. BUT he said that it is a LOT better than it was before. Before he was losing a ton of coolant and couldn't drive it 10 mins down the road before it over heated and he had to add more.

Everything else is great and he said that he is well pleased. That makes me feel like a job well done.

I would also like to remember the casualites that were suffered during this TJ build. A screw driver (bent like a boomerang), a ratcheting breaker bar (also bent like a boomerang), a creeper (wheel fell off first and then the plastic broke around wheel mount), and 2 ratchets (cheap craftsman tools, they stripped out).

They won't be forgotten.......until I get new ones to replace them

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information