Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Where was it leaking from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Where was it leaking from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I'm not positive yet. I know it was NOT coming down the windshield into the cab. All the area underneath and behind the dash on the driver's side was dry and had dust on it.

I have a theory though. In the picture below, there is a yellow circle. On the metal part on the outside of the rubber seal in the circle, there is usually a small puddle of water when it rains. There has been a puddle there several times but I haven't had any problems.

When it rained REALLY hard yesterday/last night, I assume that it was too much and it overflowed pass the rubber seal at the bottom of the door (inside the yellow circle) and into the drivers floor board.

But I'm not positive.
    Last edited by criket; 03-24-2012 at 06:38 PM. Reason: a picture would help....
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    There are drain tubes that run along the bottom of the doors (at least on WK's). Sometimes they get clogged, when they do - I think water builds up along the seam between the actual door and the body of the Jeep. It could leak ANYWHERE along that seem if it doesn't flush properly, but it will obviously travel downward and puddle in the floorboard.

Also, this happened to me when I didn't close the door completely, rained over night and came home to soaked spot under my driver floor mat.

Well I went out again this morning and there was water in the floor board again. So this evening I vacuum it out and pulled all the door seals on the driver side. I cleaned all the seals around the windshield channel and chalked soem areas that I thought may be problematic.

I did find however that the seal on the door that goes around the bottom isn't looking that great. I may order a new seal and replace it.

What's you guy's thoughts on bedlining the interior and installing a couple of drain holes? How would bedliner in khaki color look?
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post

What's you guy's thoughts on bedlining the interior and installing a couple of drain holes? How would bedliner in khaki color look?
    Just be careful with some of the modules located under the seat. Having a bed-lined floor with drain holes may give you (or someone else) a false sense of security and try hosing down the floor when it gets dirty.

Oh man that would burn LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't be any worse than the floorboards on the rusty Toyota truck I use to have. I went and got my tetenus shot the day I bought it.

Ok small update on the carpet deal. I just got back from Alabama on business and the carpet is still a little damp, not much. The inside of the Jeep has a slight smell to it but only happens when it sits in the hot sun all day. I may have to replace some of the padding underneath the pedals or spray that stuff Sal was talking about.

Where does one get that spray Sal? Auto Zone?

Mine had that real bad smell when I was dealing with my leaking issues. Not sure what brand the guy used but after he sprayed everything the smell wen't away. I seen mold spray at Home Depot the other day next to the acetone. Your carpet is taking to long to dry bro your risking more mold smell on that. I would put a box fan or two on it that thing will be dry in an hour. I think if you want to spray your floor it couldn't hurt as long as the carpet and pad were going back in. Depending on what you spray it with you could even reduce your temperatures in the cab isn't there some type of reflective heat reducing spray stuff?

I put my carpet back in today. It was much easier and quicker since I already knew how to do it.

It hasn't leaked since....well, the last time whenever that was. There have been several very heavy rains over the last 3 weeks and no leaks. I don't know what I did to fix it but it's fixed.

My wife and I had a son on Friday, May 25, 2012. Woohooo!!!!!!

Hayden Anthony Chriscoe, 6 lbs 7 oz.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information