Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Criket's garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Yea this one is for the team.

Today's lesson brought to you by the letter "O" - Do not "O"ver fill your rear axle. It'll come out of the breather tube.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post
    Yea this one is for the team.

Today's lesson brought to you by the letter "O" - Do not "O"ver fill your rear axle. It'll come out of the breather tube.
    LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hand pump didn't work on taking the oil out. Tomorrow morning, I'm going back to Advance and get more fluid and rv sealant. I'll just start from scratch and n ot put too much fluid in.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

The hand pump didn't work on taking the oil out. Tomorrow morning, I'm going back to Advance and get more fluid and rv sealant. I'll just start from scratch and n ot put too much fluid in.
    That sucks! just buy one a new oil pan for $3 then you can reuse the fluid that's in there.

The SOLID Diff cover has the PROPER amount of fluid in it now. I bought a small hand pump and it was taking FOREVER. So I just took the cover off and started over. Had it fixed in less than 2 hours (1 hour of that was waiting on the rtv sealant to set up).

I recommend this cover to any one out there. It was my fault that I put too much fluid in there. I filled it up to where I could just touch the oil with my pinky and whatda know? Too much fluid by that point. It came out of the breather tube. Notice the shinyness on the right side of the axle.

***NOTE to everyone. Do NOT put more than the recomended amount of fluid in the rear axle, no matter how high or low the fill plug is. It WILL come out of the breather tube. I'll take this one for the XK/WK team. Peace fool***

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    ***NOTE to everyone. Do NOT put more than the recomended amount of fluid in the rear axle, no matter how high or low the fill plug is. It WILL come out of the breather tube. I'll take this one for the XK/WK team. Peace fool***
    lmao... well, it's all good, dude...

LOL thanks being the guinea pig bro. Now epoxy that new floor so you don't ruin it

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    LOL thanks being the guinea pig bro. Now epoxy that new floor so you don't ruin it
    Yea I know. It's def on my list.

Yea I know. It's def on my list.
    I did man it was a little pricey to do but I loved it once I was done. Crawling and sliding around on it is a breeze now and clean is no big deal anymore just wipe it up and done

All my parts came in so I started working on the OME front suspension today.

All NEW parts. Woohoo!

I don't want the yellow theme (sorry AJ). I'm going with all black on these. I decided to put tape over the stickers and paint the rest black.

After one coat of paint

Tomorrow I'm going to put another coat on them and assemble the complete struts.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information