Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Criket's garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Thanks guys.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Garage update: I ordered some shelves from Sam's Club last week. They came in today so I put them up. Finally, I can get organized some.

I ordered 3 sets of the same shelf.

Here is the description.

Got one shelf up.

And here is the finished product. On the shelf nearest in the following picture, the top of one of the side pieces was bent. I tried to straighten it but couldn't get it all to line up so I put the top shelf on notch lower. I think it'll be ok.

SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    those shelves are awesome! I have the 6' version in my garage. Only issue I had was the boards will warp in about 6 months... but if you go get some 1x3s they fit perfectly below them like joists going across. I put a 1x3 every 6-8" and now they're good to go.

I'll take a pic if you're not sure what im talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    those shelves are awesome! I have the 6' version in my garage. Only issue I had was the boards will warp in about 6 months... but if you go get some 1x3s they fit perfectly below them like joists going across. I put a 1x3 every 6-8" and now they're good to go.

I'll take a pic if you're not sure what im talking about
    Yea take a pic and post it if you don't mind Matt. These "boards" that came with it don't fit down in the grooves like its suppose too. I have a bunch of thicker plywood laying around, I may swap them out for the better plywood.

Oh yea, and the main reason I didn't get the version like you have Matt, in the last pic with all 3 shelves, you can see my wifes car. The version you have is about 6-8 inches deeper and would stick out further. THere wouldn't be much room to walk between the shelves and the front of her car. Trust me, I wanted the ones you have but had to make a compromise. You know how it is with a wife.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    lol i hear that!!

Here you go man. $10-$15 more in material and those shelves will be nice and strong!

...... I REALLY need a shed

That looks sweet! Yea I def need to do that. I'll go to Lowe's at some point this week. Thanks Matt.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Looking great & congrats on your son coming in June. My lil girl will be born in June as well. So both of us will have some sleepless nights for a bit soon lol
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    Looking great & congrats on your son coming in June. My lil girl will be born in June as well. So both of us will have some sleepless nights for a bit soon lol
    Oh yea for sure! Congrats to you too man! I'm getting all the sleep and wheeling in I can before then, lol.

Garage update: I went to Lowe's yesterday and got some 2.5" lag bolts and washers and some wood as Matt suggested. The wood i'll have to notch out to make it fit better but it will work great and add a lot of stability.

The lag bolts and washers are to bolt the shelves to the 6x6 posts and studs. As you can see in the above pictures, the shelves will butt up against the wall. I'm always afraid of shelves falling when they become overloaded or a kid climbing on them and the shelf falling. So these lag bolts will take care of that.

I also found 2 bolts, 2 washers, and 2 nuts lying around and I used them to bolt the shelves together. I wanted to connect all the shelves together to make it more stable.

This may be overkill but I garuantee you, these shelves are NOT going to fall. Safety first.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information