Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flash Pack questions

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar

Flash Pack questions

I have it all updated to include the data pack.

1. Why won't it display my trans temp?

2. Why does it display some temperatures in celsius?

3. Where can I download a more comprehensive manual that covers all the options and what they mean?

any is free to answer any of these questions if you know the answer. I'm bummed about the trans temp right now I was looking forward to having that while off road and towing hope its just a glitch in the software or in my head LOL

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    1. I couldn't get trans temp to display either so I'm interested if anyone has a solution.
    2. I think it just depends one which item you pick from the menu, I had one that was C and the same reading in F so I just disabled the C one, but they were the same sensor.
    3. No clue.

I'll check the other sensor bank and see if it displays in F. I have the pack mounted so I want to monitor certain systems during stressful times LOL

I haven't read through it all yet, but it sounds like it wasn't or isn't enabled yet for transmission monitoring.. which sucks since I'm going to be pulling a toy hauler around the country in just a few days..

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    I haven't read through it all yet, but it sounds like it wasn't or isn't enabled yet for transmission monitoring.. which sucks since I'm going to be pulling a toy hauler around the country in just a few days..
    well if that's the case the trans upgrade is only $40 bucks. I just don't want to purchase it if it won't solve the problem.

The upgrade is for changing shift points, I think we might just have to update the device, and if it still doesn't work contact superchips and request that they turn that "feature" on. I think it's a limitiation of how many items that device can read, so you lose one of the sensors to be replaced with the trans temp. I'm working hard on mine now, it just took major priority so I'll be contact superchips trying at least to get that answer.

Mine is completely up to date I down loaded all the new software yesterday and added the two free options as well. Keep me informed I really want to monitor my trans temp for crawling around mountains in 100* temperatures. So far I love this thing just being able to monitor 4 sensors at once is pretty cool

I just updated mine also and verified it still didn't work. I just sent them an email, I imagine since they are east coast I won't hear anything until tomorrow though, I'll update when I know more.

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    I just updated mine also and verified it still didn't work. I just sent them an email, I imagine since they are east coast I won't hear anything until tomorrow though, I'll update when I know more.
    Ok cool maybe scott will make in the thread in the morning and point us in the right direction to. $40 dollar upgrade to monitor the trans temp would be fine with me still cheaper and easier then installing a new gauge you know.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I thought mine did the initial update yesterday but apparently it didn't. I can't get this thing to update at all. It's useless right now and pissin me off. What happens when it updates properly? Mine update program just says error 5 on uploading the EEprom file whenever I connect it. Occasionally it will say that it connected but to check back later for updates.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information