Thread: Summer Vacation Part One

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Summer Vacation Part One

Well Tuesday morning around 5 am the wife and I pulled into the driveway after completing part one of our two part summer vacation. Part One was a trip through California and Oregon to visit family and friends.

2,400 miles later we are a little tired but really enjoyed the time off from work and away from the kids!

First stop was a 12 hour drive to the Father-in-laws house to visit family and enjoy the 4th of July:

Then on up the highway past Mount Shasta:

and on into Oregon:

We stopped in the tourist town of Jacksonville:

and then headed towards Grants Pass where we stopped to see the High School I graduated from 30 years ago:

and the house I grew up in (The poor owners now must like Fords:

After spending a day with my mom, her husband and one of my sisters we met up with friends in Roseburg and headed to Crater Lake:

and found some amazing plants on the way back to the city...

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    The next day we drove over to Bandon by the Sea which is the town I was born in.

I found my Great Grandparents grave marker:

And then drove into town to find the hospital I was born at. The hospital was gone and all that remained was a vacant lot over looking the Pacific.

and we even found the house my Great Grandparents lived in:

We even took a little time to do some Geocaching:

We returned home to Grants pass and the next day tried to find the place where my wife and I actually met for the first time. She was in town from San Fransisco for a band concert back then. The building was torn down before we arrived but we did stop and take some pictures of some cool motorcycles on display in the parking lot now located at the site where we met.:

And then headed back to AZ to get ready for part two, Camp Commander.

Thread Information