Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many members have the superlift?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar

January 2012
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    Time to get some paint on those bumpers! I love you XK by the way and not just because it is khaki like mine
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Some great rigs... keep this trend going.

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Dig the bumper man. That's pretty awesome

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
    Time to get some paint on those bumpers! I love you XK by the way and not just because it is khaki like mine
    It's coming along. The bumpers aren't quite finished yet, so the pwdercoat is yet to come. They WILL be done by the Ultimate Jeep Summit in May!

Picked up my SL yesterday! Installing it this weekend!!! Who's coming over to help?
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    oooooooooooooh man

I know, it is on! I have been hitting everything up with PBB that pat couple days to make removal of some of the bolts easier. I have everything unpacked and prepped. I am so excited and yet nervous!

Junior Member Looking for Dirt kmax's Avatar
    Omelet - how did the install go? Looking forward to pictures! Has SL modified the rear lower control arm brackets? I know there was some talk on that.

It's been a while since I've checked in, but I still have the XK and the SL continues to work great. It's been installed for four years and about 51,000 miles now. My only modification to the actual kit itself was to remove the rear lower brackets since they hang me up on everything and replace the factory lower control arms with the adjustable BDS arms. Clearance problem solved!

Ken
    Colorado
    '06 Ltd, 5.7, QDII, 4" Superlift SSR + Deaver front coils, GL4x4 bumper, Smittybilt XRC10/synthetic rope, Flowmaster 50, aFe intake, 4xG rock rails, Rola rack, stupid little CB, 1.5" spacers and 285/70-17 KM2's on Moab's. Sold.

Your XK looks great Kmax! Awesome Bud!

I am almost finished with mine. Up front I chopped one coil off the bottom of my OME HD coils, left the preload plate out, used the SL 4" spacer, kept the OME struts, and am still using the HM Engineering Chromoly UCA.

In the rear I used all of the SL components along with a couple extras I have been using for a while now (Rusty's adjustable track bar, Fox shocks, and 1.5" spacers). As you can see SL did finally replace the LCA drop brackets (anchors) with new LCAs. They are .5" longer than the OEM arms and have a bend to keep the sway links from smacking them.

The end result is a 25" hub to fender measurement sitting over my old 295/70/17 Nittos. I have 35s in the garage that will go on soon.

There are still a few more mods to make before it is trail ready, but it is so close! Which is good because it has been too long since I have wheeled!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information