Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: CV Weak Link

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Forget that!! Theres a fix similar to yours they cut off the swage and put clamps on..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Member Looking for Dirt
    as a proud new owner of an 06 un modified XK with the 4.7 and a QTII and a plan on a 2" lift and larger tires and some moderate off road travel how much of a concern are these CV joints? is this an item i should keep in my parts pile or wait until the start to go. the truck has 81000 mile on it now. it will see off road no more than 3 or 4 times a year.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    if you can find a shop to do it..... cutting the crimps off like I did is still a 3+ hr job. Better off doing it yourself

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Yea thats what Im talking about, cutting the crimps off and putting clamps on with new hose.. After researching it seems most people did it this way, some replaced with new line and took 3-4 hours to snake in there.. My point is this, why replace with line thats eventually going to do same thing?!? Ill be doing the clamps..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnr View Post
    as a proud new owner of an 06 un modified XK with the 4.7 and a QTII and a plan on a 2" lift and larger tires and some moderate off road travel how much of a concern are these CV joints? is this an item i should keep in my parts pile or wait until the start to go. the truck has 81000 mile on it now. it will see off road no more than 3 or 4 times a year.
    Not something id worry about. Except for an extreme offroad condition you'll know that a cv is going bad long before it fails.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information