Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any XK's running the OME HD with 285's?

Any XK's running the OME HD with 285's?

Hey All, been lurking for a while. First time poster here. I am in the process of getting everything organized to pull the trigger on the OME HD for my '06 Commander and was wondering if anyone is running 285/70R17 + 1.5" spacers without any additional mods?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    That's goin to be a reeeeeallly tight fit. Most guys run 265/70/17 and still need to do a bit of trimming.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That's goin to be a reeeeeallly tight fit. Most guys run 265/70/17 and still need to do a bit of trimming.
    Glad to see you find your way! I'm sure Sal-XK will comment on this. Since he hasn't really diverged his plans -i'm not at liberty to say, but i'm sure he'll give you some advice for this. But, I agree with Matt - Only XK's that I KNOW with 33's... have a Superlift.

Thanks Guys. That's what I figured but thought I'd check before I buy, if anyone had any luck shoehorning in a set of boots that size. I also have a WK running a 2.25"RR w/265's and there isn't a lot of room to spare so I'm not surprised by the responses. Thanks again!

-Matt

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by mjsawatzky View Post
    Thanks Guys. That's what I figured but thought I'd check before I buy, if anyone had any luck shoehorning in a set of boots that size. I also have a WK running a 2.25"RR w/265's and there isn't a lot of room to spare so I'm not surprised by the responses. Thanks again!

-Matt
    eviljager stuffed 33x12.5's under his WK before he went to an 8" lift.

The WKs definitely have a bit more room than the XK. I've seen a few WKs with 285s crammed in there; but wheel selection and actual tire size plays a huge role in how much trimming is needed at that point.

For the XK, 265s generally need some help fitting -especially if you plan to go offroad. If I wanted to run 265s on my setup I would have to remove my rear HVAC lines; my 245/75/17 will hit that area (wheel width and backspace doesn't help me here).

PS welcome to the forum.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    My 265's fit with some light normal mods. My new set will require some more intensive modification to say the least

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    My XK has the OME HD suspension lift, 265/70R17 (Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar) and 1.25 inch wheel spacers. Here in a few weeks im going to be upgrading to 285/70R17's with 1.5 inch wheel spacers. I however have done a few mods to my vehicle in the past few months to make the bigger tires fit without needing to buy the 4 inch lift. So if you want to fit that size tire on your XK with just a OME HD lift and nothing else done to it then the answer is NO.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Sounds like 2012 is going to be one hell of a paradigm buster!

(google it sal lol)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Sounds like 2012 is going to be one hell of a paradigm buster!

(google it sal lol)
    Funny go check your post in the giveaway thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information