Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any XK's running the OME HD with 285's?

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I agree with that statement but the look would be sick LOL did you trim your flares yet? I still have to do mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    No, not yet. I put it off because I'm waiting for my buddy to fab my pinch welds like his for extra tire clearance. This is what he did to his lifted 05 WK. He gained a good two inches after everything was said and done.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Ya I like that! I need to get some more tools soon my ideas have out grown my tool inventory.

Ya I like that! I need to get some more tools soon my ideas have out grown my tool inventory.

I just dont know how to weld or it would have been done already.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar

I have this problem a lot.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Im finally running 285's with OME HD lift. No extra lift spacers front or rear, just the coils. I will be installing a 1 inch bump stop spacer in the rear this weekend just to help out a little bit but other then that I have absolutely no rubbing front or rear during daily driving. Im still trying to come up with a plan for the rear fender flare so I dont rip it off when I take it off road.

Bald 265/70's vs. new 285/70's ... The 285/70's measure out to be 32.75 inches tall when mounted on the XK. Thats what I programmed into my Flashpaq to fix the speedometer and its dead on with gps.

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 04-30-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Can you elaborate on the "no rubbing during daily driving" comment? I've been away all week so not very read up on recent happenings. ..

How close are the tires at full lock? (To those unaware, I know you removed the rear HVAC lines for clearance which is key)
    Did you trim anymore up front or modify the pinch weld beyond what's normally done yet?
    Wheel width/backspace specs (plus 1/4" spacers right?).

And more pictures!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Can you elaborate on the "no rubbing during daily driving" comment? I've been away all week so not very read up on recent happenings. ..

How close are the tires at full lock? (To those unaware, I know you removed the rear HVAC lines for clearance which is key)
    Did you trim anymore up front or modify the pinch weld beyond what's normally done yet?
    Wheel width/backspace specs (plus 1/4" spacers right?).

And more pictures!!
    Man..you missed a lot..lol

The Wheels are 17x8 5on5 4.5 BS Black Rock Series 997 (similar to Cragar soft 8). They didnt clear the front caliper brackets so I had to have some custom wheel spacers made by Fred Groeske out of Cali. The spacers are hub centric to the Jeeps hub, wheel centric to the Black Rocks center bore (3.3 inches). I have absolutely no rubbing front or rear during normal everyday driving. As you know I did the rear ac/heat mod and got rid of the lines that go behind the passenger side front tire. I also cut out the entire pinch weld area which gave me about 2-3 more inches of clearance beyond the normal pinch weld mod of bending it over. My friend is going to be welding in new sheet metal there to help strengthen it up in the next week or so. As you can see from the pictures, I trimmed a little bit off of the corner of the front fender flares for extra clearance. Nothing has been done to the rear yet but will be adding a 1 inch bump stop spacer (2 inch body lift spacer that I had a friend cut in half for me) so that I dont push the tires to far up into the wheel well. Im still trying to figure out what else I can do to the rear flare. I have a few things in mind but im waiting to get the jeep to my friends house who has a plasma cutter I drove over a few curbs this weekend and still had no rubbing.

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 04-30-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    That's sick man... I love it!
    What's behind the pinch weld area? I may have to consider that for a future mod

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That's sick man... I love it!
    What's behind the pinch weld area? I may have to consider that for a future mod
    Thanks bro! I love it too. Was never really fond of black wheels but I like how it turned out and the price was right. My oem wheels were shot. One thing I forgot to mention was I had rubber valve stems installed in the new wheels and used my flashpaq to enable the off road setting for tpms so I have no dummy light on the dash. As far as the pinch weld goes, theres nothing behind there. Its hollow. Well there was foam in there but I took it all out so when Jay welds in the new sheet metal it doesnt catch on fire. Once thats done ill get more foam and shoot it in there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information