Thread: It happens everywhere. Say some prayers

Senior Member Getting Dirty ScorpionCrawler's Avatar

It happens everywhere. Say some prayers

Sorry thread title was off, probably better at: It could happen anywhere

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/17...eaking-chardon

CHARDON, OH (WOIO) -
    Breaking news out of Chardon this hour.

Four students shot at Chardon High School early Monday morning. Two of the victims were lifeflighted to Metro, the other two victims to Hillcrest Hospital. No word on conditions at this time.

The shootings happened in the cafeteria around 7:40AM, before classes started for the day.

One student gunman was taken into custody about an hour later.

The high school, which had been on lock down since the shootings, was evacuated around 8:50AM. All high school students were then taken to Maple Elementary School to be reunited with their parents.

The Superintendent immediately canceled classes at all other Chardon Schools. Students on school busses were dropped off back at their homes. Parents were called to pick up students already at school.

Governor Kasich issued the following statement morning in response to the shooting at Chardon High School.

"Please join me in praying for the students who've been injured in this horrible crime. Praise goes to the Chardon Police and Geauga County Sheriff's office for quickly getting this situation under control. I've pledged Ohio's full support to them, the school and the local community in this difficult time."
    Last edited by ScorpionCrawler; 02-27-2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: I don't like what I typed for the thread title

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    My thoughts go to the students that got hurt, hope they recover quickly. I'm afraid for my kids safety when they get old enough to be in school.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty ScorpionCrawler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    My thoughts go to the students that got hurt, hope they recover quickly. I'm afraid for my kids safety when they get old enough to be in school.

My son is a junior and from the stories he tells me things are way different from when I was in high school 30+ years ago.
    They actually practice for these lockdown's, like we did for fire alarm and tornado's.
    I can understand your fear. At some point I think you will see metal detectors at every school door.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Scary.

Every night when I'm playing with my kids before bedtime, getting them to giggle and laugh, I pray to myself that they are never involved with such tragedies. I ponder this question often..... babies are inherently happy; at what point do people (humans) transform from wanting to be happy to wanting to cause harm/misery? (Has nothing to do with present day lifestyles, ideology, etc.... its been this way throughout history)

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Kudo's to the teacher that chased this kid down.

....and was then chased from the scene by a teacher and arrested nearby.

Reuters

Really, family could not see this coming?
    Did you hear the comments from his friends?
    "This is something that could never have been predicted. T.J.'s family has asked for some privacy while they try to understand
    how such a tragedy could have occurred and while they mourn this terrible loss for their community."
    I know first hand you don't want to believe your son or daughter would do something bad, illegal, wind up in jail....
    but you have to take steps at some point.

Thread Information