Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty ScorpionCrawler's Avatar

It happens everywhere. Say some prayers

Sorry thread title was off, probably better at: It could happen anywhere

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/17...eaking-chardon

CHARDON, OH (WOIO) -
    Breaking news out of Chardon this hour.

Four students shot at Chardon High School early Monday morning. Two of the victims were lifeflighted to Metro, the other two victims to Hillcrest Hospital. No word on conditions at this time.

The shootings happened in the cafeteria around 7:40AM, before classes started for the day.

One student gunman was taken into custody about an hour later.

The high school, which had been on lock down since the shootings, was evacuated around 8:50AM. All high school students were then taken to Maple Elementary School to be reunited with their parents.

The Superintendent immediately canceled classes at all other Chardon Schools. Students on school busses were dropped off back at their homes. Parents were called to pick up students already at school.

Governor Kasich issued the following statement morning in response to the shooting at Chardon High School.

"Please join me in praying for the students who've been injured in this horrible crime. Praise goes to the Chardon Police and Geauga County Sheriff's office for quickly getting this situation under control. I've pledged Ohio's full support to them, the school and the local community in this difficult time."
    Last edited by ScorpionCrawler; 02-27-2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: I don't like what I typed for the thread title

Thread Information