Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rausch Creek Trip - Sunday April 1, 2012

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    I'm gonna put the days in at work..

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    Make sure you put the march 31- april 1... the dates changed if u didnt already see it
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Hell yeah I hope you can make it Dan. Wheeling or riding along??

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Matt I am unsure. I may have talked myself into a little promotion. So if I end up making a few bucks more I'll drive. If not I'll ride.

BUMP

Any other definites yet other than Chris & I? (Chris, my buddy Pete is planning on coming again- good ride'along camera man)

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I'm not going to be able to make it. The damn Army is playing games with my bonus. Its overdue for payment and still havent received it. I was able to get my XK inspected this past weekend but I still need to order a few parts for the front end.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Is it beyond wheelable or you just don't want to risk breaking anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Is it beyond wheelable or you just don't want to risk breaking anything?
    My driver's side upper ball joint is shot. I dont mind taking a risk of something breaking, its just I know I'll definitely break it at Rausch Creek. Im honestly surprised its lasted this long. Im hoping to order some UCA's tomorrow, but still dont have tires due to my overdue bonus that hasnt been paid to me.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I have a spare UCA (2 actually) that i can bring to RC!!! C'mon man...

I'm glad I decided not to go. Got a last minute call yesterday for some crazy creek wheeling out in West Valley, NY. Drove out there and while waiting for the other trucks to back track to where I was I was messing around with the XK a little. For some reason when the front end is articulated and loses traction I get a loud awfull noise from underneith. Similar to the noise I was hearing prior to grenading the T-Case at Rausch Creek. I think that my front drive shaft is shot and binding under torque causing the noise. Possibly because my differential bearings are gone causing the front differential to move??? Really not sure. All I know is something isnt right. Im going to get the front diff bushing done in the next week a long with a new front drive shaft and see if that fixes the problem. I remember when I replaced the starter and was taking out the front drive shaft it was making some noise as I was turning it to get to the bolts. I think when i redo the front im going to install some limit straps. Anyone know who has done this and if there is a link somewhere to the install and where they got the limit straps from?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information