Thread: Tire help

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar

Tire help

I have been needing new tires for a while now and wanted to upgrade to a more aggressive tread pattern. I was looking at the good year wrangler duratracs, but I am kind of short on money at the moment so I'm considering going with the guard dog m/t retreads from Treadwright since they are $100 a piece and have a ton of great reviews. With proper trimming in the wheel wells, will I be ableto fit a 265/70r17 size of this tire tire?
    Thanks, Ross

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tire.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	1199

Edit: Daystar 2" lift with 1.5" spidertrax wheel spacers. I am also considering getting 9/16 front leveling strut for a bit of extra clearance up front.
    Last edited by Ross; 03-03-2012 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Need to add a lift description
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    What lift & wheels? (I can't see sigs because I'm on my phone)

Well it seems that 4wheel parts will not install retreads, so now I must find a place to install them with my spacers...any suggestions?
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    That's the biggest issue I think retreads and spacers is a double whammy. Find a non chain tire store I guess. Or a off road shop. 4wheel parts is more a chain bolt stuff on type shop I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'm probably going to have to go with a new set of tires. I was looking at the duratracs but they are all on back order. Doeas any one have any tire suggestions?

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    I would look at craigslist in your area. Since you say you are short on money, you can probably find a good used set in whatever size you want. If you do buy some off of CL, have a trusted mechanic look at them before putting them on.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    My treadwright guardogs have been awesome so far. I paid a shop 60 bucks to mount them. It was a used tire shop and there was a bit of a language barrier but they had good equipment and did a good job.
    if it ain't broke, fix it until it is!

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdid View Post
    My treadwright guardogs have been awesome so far. I paid a shop 60 bucks to mount them. It was a used tire shop and there was a bit of a language barrier but they had good equipment and did a good job.
    LOL
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Thread Information