Thread: Bird poop

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar

Bird poop

Today I was washing and waxing my wifes SUV. It's a Kia Borrego, 4x4, black in color. I know the car has been in a hail storm and that's where most of the chips are from.

BUT I also noticed BEFORE I washed it that there were a few spots of bird poop. I thought, eh, no big deal. I'm gonna wash them off. The actual bird poop did come off but there is still spots on the paint where it was at. I scrubed and scrubed but there is still spots on the paint.

So I went ahead and waxed it. I thought well maybe the wax will help. It didn't.

Can bird poop mess up your paint if there for a period of time?
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I've seen bird poop take paint down past the primer... I try to wash it off as soon as possible.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes it can. I really depends on what the birds are eating. If they eat something really acidic like blue berries , then their droppings are going to be acidic also. We have all seen what acid rain does to paint and glass, same outcome with the bird droppings.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I need to take better care of my wife's car.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Supporting Vendor Looking for Dirt Bigredmariner's Avatar
    Yeah some poop can be extremely acidic and will etch your clear coat. Not much you can do about it, once in a while you will get lucky and be able to polish the clear back to normal. Unfortunately more times than not it's ruined.
    Use Discount Code: JEEP , when ordering and save 10% at www.adamspolishes.com
    [email protected]

Thread Information