Thread: Rocky Road Upper Control Arms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    How about the RCV Axles??
    Same for these didnt have an issue. Had some grease thrown out, but i kept them greased through the end all weekend and didnt have an issue Didnt get any vibes from them as the other fella did, and no clicking etc. For the first time in ages i wheeled without trying to baby the front end, and it did everything! I still have to get a replacement front shaft made up (only due to the angle of the tcase end, not the strength).

Now if i can stop the computer going into service 4wd mode everytime i hit mud ill be happy!
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by valpacer View Post
    Same for these didnt have an issue. Had some grease thrown out, but i kept them greased through the end all weekend and didnt have an issue Didnt get any vibes from them as the other fella did, and no clicking etc. For the first time in ages i wheeled without trying to baby the front end, and it did everything! I still have to get a replacement front shaft made up (only due to the angle of the tcase end, not the strength).

Now if i can stop the computer going into service 4wd mode everytime i hit mud ill be happy!

I have sent mine both back to rcv. Mine are throwing way to much grease plus I had a bid vibration under acceleration. They have reported back and said they found a problem with both of them and are making me new ones.
    2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L, QDII, 4" Superlift Supension Lift, Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrain Tires 285 70R17, Mickey Thompson Classic ii Wheels 17X9, AEM Brute Force CAI, Superchip flashpaque, 4XGuard belly guard, 4XGuard Front Guard, Rear Grab handles and Defender Roof Rack.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10miles1.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	1602

Here is a picture of what it would look like in 1 day driving to and from work. Total miles 20. I just got sick of all the grease going everywhere.
    2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L, QDII, 4" Superlift Supension Lift, Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrain Tires 285 70R17, Mickey Thompson Classic ii Wheels 17X9, AEM Brute Force CAI, Superchip flashpaque, 4XGuard belly guard, 4XGuard Front Guard, Rear Grab handles and Defender Roof Rack.

Thread Information