Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocky Road Upper Control Arms

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Those things look tough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax View Post
    Those look good, 07! I'm set to finish off my (second set) of stockers in a couple weeks when we're in Moab again, so these are on my list! Glad to hear their customer service is so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Those things look tough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    They might be getting installed tonight. Depends on how long this Battalion Training Meeting lasts
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    This is something I found out about the Jeepinbyal control arms when runing the supperlift lift. I've been sending emails
    Back and forth about my alignment problems I've been having since installation of the upper control arms.

The a-arms were desined for a lift kit other than Superlift, SL uses a
    stering knuckle extention to level out the factory a-arm. *If you add more
    lift to the jeep then our a-arms will work.

To make a long story short, my camber and caster cannot be adjusted anymore
    to correct my toe out problem. Corrective action will be replace my inner outer tie rods from moog.. Just an fyi
    Last edited by Gulf550; 04-11-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L, QDII, 4" Superlift Supension Lift, Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrain Tires 285 70R17, Mickey Thompson Classic ii Wheels 17X9, AEM Brute Force CAI, Superchip flashpaque, 4XGuard belly guard, 4XGuard Front Guard, Rear Grab handles and Defender Roof Rack.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    Did they try adjusting the rear on the lower arm? When I had mine aligned they weren't sure they could get it withing spec. I told them the rear mount has at least an inch of adjustment to it, which they didn't know. After that the alignment was perfect! It was all basically maxed out, but within spec. However I don't have the JBA arms, I have the HM arms.
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Quote Originally Posted by Gulf550 View Post
    This is something I found out about the Jeepinbyal control arms when runing the supperlift lift. I've been sending emails
    Back and forth about my alignment problems I've been having since installation of the upper control arms.

The a-arms were desined for a lift kit other than Superlift, SL uses a
    stering knuckle extention to level out the factory a-arm. *If you add more
    lift to the jeep then our a-arms will work.

To make a long story short, my camber and caster cannot be adjusted anymore
    to correct my toe out problem. Corrective action will be replace my inner outer tie rods from moog.. Just an fyi
    I just finished installing the JBA UCA's and new LCA's. I recently replaced my inner tie rods with MOOG and I'm only running a OME lift with stock steering knuckles so I should be good. It drives straight...no more clunking noises. It gets an alignment in the morning
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Nice
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Looks like I'll be trying the rocky road arms instead of JBA based of the measurements posted here:
    http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ad.php?t=17946

Hmmm. This has me thinking. I love my JBA UCA's and they were able to get the alignment dead on. The only thing I dont like is the clearance issue because I wheel the piss out of my XK. It seems like the JBA UCA's would work best for someone who only does normal street driving with a 2 inch lifted XK and wants a great set of UCA's that wont break and are totally rebuildable.

So now the question is, can you get the alignment dead on with the RRO UCA's like you can with the JBA's. As you know I just installed brand new meats on the XK and the last thing I want is for them to start cupping because I swap UCA's and they cant get the XK aligned to spec.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    My alignment is currently "good".... its in the green but on the edge of the spec. It shouldn't take much to get it well within spec.

I have an inkling that the JBA arms are like that to get the alignment in spec on their 4" lift where the angles of the arms are really stretching the limits.

When I install my upper and new lower control arms.... in going to get the RRO and ream out the LCA slots to allow a little more adjustment.

I dont think you will need to ream them out. As it stands now with my JBA UCA's, the lower control arm bolts are in the exact middle of the slot. Meaning I still have adjustment both ways.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information