Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moab Trip Photos

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    Looks awesome. I'd be puckering as tight as a dolphin's blowhole.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialByFire View Post
    And that's when you shoot your spotter! What an idiot! If you already have a tire in the air why would he tell you to continue going driver when it will clearly cause you to tip backwards? Some people have no bushiness spotting!!! He should have told you passenger to bring the front end down.
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
    And that's when you shoot your spotter! What an idiot! If you already have a tire in the air why would he tell you to continue going driver when it will clearly cause you to tip backwards? Some people have no bushiness spotting!!! He should have told you passenger to bring the front end down.
    I don't have the front sway bar disconnected so I lift a front tire all the time. The problem was that the rear passenger tire was too high on the wall. Once I backed down a ways and reset about 1-ft to the drivers side, it went smoothly.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    Why not disconnect? I have been doing it for a while with great success!
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Quote Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
    Why not disconnect? I have been doing it for a while with great success!
    I've been meaning to experiment with disconnecting the front (I do disconnect in the rear) but I wasn't ready to try it in Moab as you do not want to unload on the off-camber sections up there!
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Quote Originally Posted by stites-xk View Post
    Nice pics man dig the xk. I'll have to make it out there soon with my xk. i to run the superlift and want to put up to those challenges. Just a couples of questions for you. do you know the part # of your disconnects and do you think you can get me your front and rear measurements? your's looks taller than mine. thanks
    The front and rear heights are within 1/2". The bumpers do make it look a lot taller.

The disconnects in the rear are the JKS 2001 model.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Man, oh man, I can't wait 'til May!!

Although, some of those places, I'll have to be guided thru with a blindfold on - so I don't have to see what's comin' Maybe I can duct tape cardboard over the side window so I don't have to look DOWN.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    VERY COOL!
    I loved wheeling with you and your family last summer in CO! This trip you just had to MOAB looked awesome! It looked like you had fun!
    I had fun just looking at the photos since I have seen you in action, LIVE before.
    Thanks for the pics!!!
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

It was a very good trip! I brough a very experienced wheeler with me to spot and advise. It was a huge confidence-builder.
    The one thing folks will need to get used to about Moab is the steepness. The friction on the sandstone allows for some very steep climbs where all you see is sky over the big XK hood. They really aren't hard. If a Crown Victoria can do it, how hard can it be?

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialByFire View Post
    The front and rear heights are within 1/2". The bumpers do make it look a lot taller.

The disconnects in the rear are the JKS 2001 model.
    Thanks alot!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information