View Poll Results: Samsung Android or iPhone 4S?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket

7 63.64%
  • iPhone 4S

4 36.36%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Android or iPhone?

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar

Samsung Android or iPhone?

So, I see that it's been about a year since Knappster was looking at the Droid vs iPhone issue. Well, times change, so I am going to ask the same question today.

I'm on AT&T and was looking at either the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket Android phone or the iPhone 4S.

Opinions? I'm torn. I feel that Apple basically sets the standard for these things. The dude at the store was pretty sharp on both phones. I made him answer a ton of questions. What's you experience? Lot's of you seem to have Android phones. I'd like to hear from those with iPhones, too. The 2 phones seem rather equally matched, so it's down to a question of functions and usability (I quess). I'll be upgrading my wife's phone at the same time.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    There's nothing about the iphone that really impresses me.... IMO it's more of a fad than anything.

Spec wise, I'll be going with the skyrocket towards the end of this summer (when we're due for upgrades) if the Nexus isn't available on AT&T by that time- otherwise it'll be a tough choice.

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    Im a droid guy. I'll be getting my droid razr this week.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I have had my Android for almost a year, no regrets and the app store offers more options than the iPhone.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    The iPhone does set the standard and there is no denying that they were the first and continue to raise the bar. There pads can't be touched either not even close by anyone else. That being said it's a commitment to put up with them my biggest complaint is they will never support flash player. When I do something on my phone pad or computer it shows up on all three. I can wiressly stream 1080P from all three to my tv. It's that kind of stuff I like about them. Mine acts as a remote for my receiver when I'm broadcasting out side. Like I said though there not perfect but I play with the old mans phone and it's nice and the screen is huge but it's just not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. We've been talking with a few friends who also seem to favor the Droids.

We'll see!
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    I also have a droid. The original DroidX - Eligible for upgrade this September! The android platform has admitedly grown quicker than they can keep up with. I love my phone but there are some days where I want someone to pitch it to me so I can hit a homer with the daggone thing. But the phone is very strong. I've used to keep it in a protective case, but I'm constantly in and out of the Jeep and it won't dock in my station with the case on. So I removed the protective case. Anyway I've accidently dropped kicked this thing, stepped on it. Forgot it was in the engine bay and slammed the hood on it. It's fallen in the engine bay. I've left the thing sitting outside on top of the Jeep in the middle of summer and forgot it was up there. I've tossed it on my bed to watch it bounce off the bed and slam into my wall, and i've spilled beer on it.

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    I love my Android, had it for about 8 months - Im rocking the HTC Evo 4g, an older droid compared to some, but it does well.

Though my brother has an Iphone and it seems pretty cool too. For some reason I like the screen on his better than mine, but that could be because hes rocking the 4s and my evo model is about 2 years old.

The only issue I saw with Iphone is there are less free apps out there, but that may have changed.

They way I see it, android parts are somewhat interchangeable (chargers, adapters etc.). Iphone stuff only works with iphone stuff.

edit: after reading this, my advice isnt real helpful. lol
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I still have the 3GS and the old man has that new HTC and the screen isn't as sharp. But he did drop his down a flight of stairs and it was fine LOL. I've already cracked my second screen hahahahah you don't get a lot of deals to get the iPhone it usually costs money to get one even with a contract commitment. But when it's all said and done you'll like what you like as long as I use a smart phone it will be the iPhone after all it is the original the one everyone else tries to copy and is compared to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    lol - Apple was not the first to develop the smart phone - It was some company that none have probably heard of unless your from the west. In any case, being the first doesn't necessarily make you the best, as my example has clearly illustrated - Blackberry is actually the first of what transformed into the modern day smartphone.

Apple is just admitedly good at taking an idea, and making it leaps and bounds better... AND expensive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information