View Poll Results: Samsung Android or iPhone 4S?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket

7 63.64%
  • iPhone 4S

4 36.36%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Android or iPhone?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Apple is great at marketing as well.

Granted they make quality phones, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the iphone. When it comes down to it though, spec for spec it's really just another phone to consider. As stated earlier, one of my biggest turnoffs is the proprietary nature of all their connections. They were also limited to a 3.5" screen when i was looking and I wanted at least 4" since i use mine to watch movies when im on travel, the screen is on par with other high-end smartphones (it's no longer the leader), no removable memory card for my movies, etc.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Black berry is crap I have one for work. The screen clarity is way sharper then any other phone I've touched. But this is a ford vs Chevy argument it just can't be won by other side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    But this is a ford vs Chevy argument it just can't be won by other side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I guess you said it best with this statement.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Supporting Vendor Looking for Dirt Synthetic Advantage's Avatar
    I had the HTC Merge and it was a nice phone but I always had issues with pages loading or not being able to load. My wife had the HTC Desire and had the same issue if not more.

We bit the bullet and got iPhones. Now one thing that Apple has over the Android system is ease of use. I have learned more on how to use my phone just from messing around with it than I ever had with my HTC. Also not an issue with pages loading and they load quick. Bluetooth was iffy in my truck, so far not a single problem with the iPhone connecting.

I was anti Apple, you can even ask my wife. But for now it is sweet to have all my music, (I have an iPod Nano) all on one device and be able to plug it into the trucks stereo, (Got a Alpine system) and listen to Pandora and all with great sound.

Siri is a fun feature to mess around with.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    I'm not a Ford or Chevy guy. I'm a Jeep guy, so I use a Windows Phone--an HTC Touch Pro 2 for the last 2-1/2 years but ready to upgrade as soon as Verizon offers a decent replacement.
    It syncs with my Outlook at work and home, keeps my meeting and appointment reminders and can roam worldwide. Plus, I use Windows every day so I know immediately how to use it. The apps are free and can be downloaded w/o going to a "app store."
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    When I do something on my phone pad or computer it shows up on all three. I can wiressly stream 1080P from all three to my tv. It's that kind of stuff I like about them. Mine acts as a remote for my receiver when I'm broadcasting out side.
    The Droid can do all that stuff too, you just need to get the apps.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brendon View Post
    The Droid can do all that stuff too, you just need to get the apps.
    Oooooo.... How do you send movies to your TV from a Droid???
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Is there a Droid app that would sync my PC with my phone so that when I'm on a wireless connection it'll automatically load any new pictures I've taken onto the computer (or at least to a shared server)? That would be awesome

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Is there a Droid app that would sync my PC with my phone so that when I'm on a wireless connection it'll automatically load any new pictures I've taken onto the computer (or at least to a shared server)? That would be awesome
    Not sure about your PC but the photobucket app can automatically add them to your account.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Hmmm... I wonder if dropbox has that option. Then I could access them from my PC.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information