Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Greenville, S.C.?

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar

Thoughts on Greenville, S.C.?

Hey guys, my wife just had a phone interview for a position at the hospital of the University of South Carolina in Greenville and it looks like they be flying her or both of us out there in the coming weeks for a second interview which sounds quite promising. Any of you Carolineans have thoughts on the area? Not just regarding wheeling but the people, the area, job market, and cost of living such as housing. My first choice would be in Myrtle Beach or up into Wilmington but I'll take the warm weather where I can get it.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Ironically I live in Greenville, N.C. But I've been to conferences at Clemson and USC:Greenvile and the area is VERY nice. Clemson was my primary school of choice when I was thinking about getting my Ph. D. - It's one of the nicest places in South Carolina. Very smart, well educated region - But, I have to consider that most of my interaction in the area has been with Instructors, Grads, and Industry... So these people are very well off. It actually reminds me a lot of where I'm from in Raleigh - Just smaller population, fewer schools and hospitals.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    once you come down south you will not go back to Michigan.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Yeah, at least untill July-August rolls around.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Yeah, at least untill July-August rolls around.
    thats the best time
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    You will love it down here I hope things work out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    SC must be nice, Strom Thurmond stayed there for 150 years or so.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Lightbulb

You're just a short hop up I-26, to the mountains of NORTH Carolina - GOD'S COUNTRY, and some GREAT wheelin' territory!

I went to college in WNC - used to hafta watch CBS & NBC outta Greenville, so that's how close you are. LOT of great state lands full of old logging trails for nice scenic rides, or some serious bogging/crawling opportunities abound there as well.

The cost of living in SC is lower than NC - everything from sales tax & housing costs, to gas prices, so that's a plus. Having lived in Columbia (grad school), and visited the beaches, I'd STILL choose Greenville over even Charleston, because I'm more of a mountain person than a beach person. YMMV.
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    Thanks for the info guys. I'm actually kind of excited but I'm getting way ahead of myself. I know Gulches is only about an hour away so that's a bonus. Going from the incredibly flat state I'm in now I'd like to walk out my door and see some mountains. Northern Michigan is beautiful and I would love to live up there but there are very few jobs and even fewer ones that you could sustain yourself with. 4-6 hours of a drive to meet up with a lot of you isn't too bad at all.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    You're just a short hop up I-26, to the mountains of NORTH Carolina - GOD'S COUNTRY, and some GREAT wheelin' territory!

I went to college in WNC - used to hafta watch CBS & NBC outta Greenville, so that's how close you are. LOT of great state lands full of old logging trails for nice scenic rides, or some.
    Reputation points awarded, because it's true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information