Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: West Coast Camp Commander 2010 Pictures & Tales

Administrator
    Blog Entries

West Coast Camp Commander 2010 Pictures & Tales

Camp Commander 2010 is officially underway in Silverton Colorado. Janet & I arrived last night and spent the remainder of the evening setting up camp.

We left Peoria Arizona at 8:30 am where the temperature was 105 degrees. It took up about 10 hours to make the drive to Silverton but we did stop at a couple of tourist spots along the way.

Our first stop was Dinosaur Tracks where you can pay one of the local Navajo Indians to show you the tracks. I am sure some of the things he showed us were nothing but he had great stories and it only cost me $10

Last year we drove past Four Corners and told ourselves we would stop on the way home only to take a different route and miss the monument.

This year we stopped...

But they were closed for construction. The attendant told me that we could not see the marker due to the construction but if I wanted to pay $3.00 I could drive up to the fence and look through it... I saved the $3.00

And then it was on to Colorado:

And Elephant Feet Rocks:

Janet wanted to stop at this lake and look for a GeoCache, and of course we stopped.

2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Looks like your having fun so far. But where are all the off road pics? lol
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Administrator
    Blog Entries

WC Camp XK Headquarters

We arrived in camp around 6:00 pm and set up camp, most of it actually got set up the next morning when Roy & Brian came over and gave me a hand.

The new section of Red Mountain RV park is very nice, not only do they have full hook-ups but they have 8 private bathrooms with showers, a club house with free wi-fi (slowest in the world I think) and a Hot Tub.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    DAY ONE / PICAYNE & PLACER GULCHES:

17 MILES OF OFF-ROAD DRIVING.

Day One got off to a slower start but that is expected when you consider that everyone just gone done driving a full day just to get here. We set out for a couple of trails we have not done before and thanks to Roy and Mary who scouted out the area we had a good run over Picayne & Placer Gulches which was a easy high shelf road with great views.

We did stop and walk around an old mining camp:

bjamrow's Commander

Knappster's Commander

bjamrow & Knappster's Commanders

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Looks like your having fun so far. But where are all the off road pics? lol
    Just two Commanders is camp today so we didn't really take too many with the Commanders. Tomorrow is another day and we will be hitting the trail with at least four Comanders.

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Snow Stop for the kids

Knappster, bjamrow & Guest

Administrator
    Blog Entries

bjamrow

Knappster, Guest, bjamrow

Cool old truck

Administrator
    Blog Entries

The total off-road miles today was 17

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Keep the pictures coming! I wish I could make it out that way sometime.

Member Looking for Dirt redrockv8's Avatar
    Knapp,
    Great photos, nice looking Commander and beautiful wife...Colorado is so amazing...Arizona ain't too shabby either.
    HT

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information