Thread: West Coast Camp Commander 2010 Pictures & Tales

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by redrockv8 View Post
    ...Consolidation thanks for the information. As I'm running stock myself it's good to know you are able to go where the others go..Do you have aftermarket skid plates?
    I have the full set of skids from the factory. I hate having to use them but it is comforting knowing they are there.

...Where do I get information about the locations of all the trails you have run and how do you find them? GPS?
    Like Knappster, I have a similar book titled Colorado Byways. I think I saw similar books for sale in Silverton in a few stores. Fetch's has a good selection of books and trail stickers.

I'm still running the stock Forteras and have 39,600 on them. Thinking about new tires ...Been debating on Cooper Discoverer ATR's.
    My Fortera's had 27,000 miles. Two were leaking air. My third tire got punctured on Ophir Pass. Knappster and WanderingTS helped me do a quick fix on the trail. The next day I ran to Big-O in Durango and got a set of Cooper Discover LSX's. I didn't want an aggressive tread as my Jeep is my commuter car. I really wanted Michelin's but didn't want to lose another day waiting for them to come in. Although I am not familiar with the Cooper brand, I am pleased with their performance both on and off road.

How's cell service out there? I have ATT.

I used to have ATT and switched to Verizon because I got better reception in the mountains. We now have Verizon internet. My wife did internet work the entire trip up to Silverton without loosing a signal. Pretty amazing...

-TJ
    Last edited by consolidation; 07-26-2010 at 09:43 PM.
    2009 Jeep Commander Limited
    red rock exterior, saddle brown seats, and fully loaded.

Stock and proud of it!

Thread Information