Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: West Coast Camp Commander 2010 Pictures & Tales

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Camp Dinner and Door Prizes

Tomorrow night after running Black Bear and Ophir Pass we will meet at the Pizza & Pastry shop for our annual WC Camp XK Dinner and awards presentation.

last year we had some really great prizes and everyone who attended left with something. This year there are not as many items but everyone gets something and some lucky participants will walk away with some really cool things.

1) 4xGuard is offering up a set of Aries tail-light guards (El Cid)
    2) $50 (tire) / $100 (wheel & Tire) Discount from Discount Tire (Every Participant at WC Camp Commander will receive one of these)
    3) Two Camp Commander Button Up Shirts (TYMAC)
    4) Two 64oz Hot/cold cups (Knappster)
    5) Tee-Shirt, Ball Cap & cozy (Superchips)
    6) Jeep Knife (Rocky Mountain Canary)
    7) Jeep Tee-Shirt (Ped4599)

Hello all this is my first post in here and first time to know about this new XK forum via Huey thread jeepcommander.com

Definitely nice trip in a nice area, looks very similar to the nature around where I live except that its greener there.

I'm not sure who is Knappster but I'm sure that this is Jon's XK, what is that thing on the left rear glass? looks like an antenna!

Last edited by Ahmed; 07-19-2010 at 11:42 PM.
    Second Jeep Commander ,,,, Current
    2007 XH (International model), Green Metallic, Limited, 5.7L HEMI, Quadra-Drive II
    Spidertax 1.5" wheel spacer, Flowmaster 50 SUV muffler, Sylvaniya Ultra bulbs for high beam and fog lights, K&N replacement filter

First Jeep Commander,,,, Gone
    2007 XH (International model), Light Graystone Pearl, Sport (Base model) , 4.7L Quadra-Trac II.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...255/sign-1.jpg

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
    I'm not sure who is Knappster but I'm sure that this is Jon's XK, what is that thing on the left rear glass? looks like an antenna!

Knappster & Jon are one and the same, Changed my name over here! (Knappster's is our GeoCaching name) The thing on the glass is a "Sticky Pod" camera mount (got it from Phunkeydude), I have a video camera on the front and back for most of the trails and will upload the video when I get home.

Welcome to the site!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt Phunkeydude's Avatar
    How is the Sticky Pod working out for you Jon? Looks like your having a great time. I was going to sneek out there this week with my son and the new Ruby but, turns out he is swimming in the District semi finals on Thursday and the Finals on Saturday so that goofed it up for me again another year. How has the weather been? I'm sure a lot cooler than the 116 in Phoenix and the 102 in Albuquerque. Happy Trails. Say hello to everyone for me! Next year plan the Colorado trip in August so its clear of my kids swim team meets in June and July! LOL

Junior Member Looking for Dirt Phunkeydude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Nice JK, Who was that with you?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phunkeydude View Post
    How is the Sticky Pod working out for you Jon? Looks like your having a great time. I was going to sneek out there this week with my son and the new Ruby but, turns out he is swimming in the District semi finals on Thursday and the Finals on Saturday so that goofed it up for me again another year. How has the weather been? I'm sure a lot cooler than the 116 in Phoenix and the 102 in Albuquerque. Happy Trails. Say hello to everyone for me! Next year plan the Colorado trip in August so its clear of my kids swim team meets in June and July! LOL
    The Sticky Pod works great, I have been running a very light weight camera on it all week.

Sorry you were unable to make it out but we will look forward to seeing you next year... Maybe!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phunkeydude View Post
    Nice JK, Who was that with you?
    I think that one was either a friend of Brians or Sturg78's brother, I really do not rememebr but maybe Brian can help out with that answer.

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Black Bear & Ophir Pass

DAY FOUR / BLACK BEAR PASS & OPHIR PASS:

Off Road Miles = 22 / Total Miles Driven: 105

We headed out from base camp around 9am today and met up with El Cid and Russ & his wife from 4xGuard at the trail head of Black Bear Pass.

Janet & I took a lot of pictures and we will share many here, the videos like the others videos will have to wait until I get home next week.

El Cid leads the way over Black Bear Pass

brendon, wanderingts, ped4599, consolidation & TYMAC

brendon, wanderingts & ped4599

Our Fearless Leader: El Cid

brendon

Administrator
    Blog Entries

ped4599 & TYMAC

ped4599

Russ from 4xGuard

Knappster @ Black Bear Pass

El Cid, ped4599 & wanderingts

wanderingts, Knappster, brendon, consolidation & TYMAC

There were many beautiful flows along the trails

Starting down the 12 switchbacks

El Cid, ped4599 (hidden from view), wanderingts, Knappster, brendon, consolidation & TYMAC

Administrator
    Blog Entries

wanderingts

Black Bear is a one way trail, one day a year they reverse the direction.

El Cid, ped4599, wanderingts, Knappster, brendon, consolidation & TYMAC

Knappster, brendon & consolidation

One of many waterfalls

ped4599 & wanderingts

wanderingts & brendon in Knappster's mirror

Most of the road was this narrow

wanderingts on one of the 12 switchbacks

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information