Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: West Coast Camp Commander 2010 Pictures & Tales

Member Looking for Dirt redrockv8's Avatar
    The photos are great. I look forward to them each day.

Consolidation thanks for the information. As I'm running stock myself it's good to know you are able to go where the others go..Do you have aftermarket skid plates?
    I'll be there August 1st after everyone is gone so I guess I'll be running the trails by myself...Where do I get information about the locations of all the trails you have run and how do you find them? GPS?
    I'm still running the stock Forteras and have 39,600 on them. Thinking about new tires before I go but since I spend most of my time on the road I don't want an aggressive noisy tire..Been debating on Cooper Discoverer ATR's. They've worked out well on one of my Cherokees.
    Have fun, keep the photo coming.

How's cell service out there? I have ATT.
    HT
    Last edited by redrockv8; 07-23-2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: spelling error

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redrockv8 View Post
    Where do I get information about the locations of all the trails you have run and how do you find them? GPS?
    I have a book of trails (Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-wheel Drive Trails). You can pick it up in most any book store or at the local shops.

Cell will work in town but you will not have service on the trails. Good news is you will have so many others on the trail that if you need help it is not far away.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Where do I get information about the locations of all the trails you have run and how do you find them? GPS?
    I have a book of trails (Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-wheel Drive Trails). You can pick it up in most any book store or at the local shops.

Cell will work in town but you will not have service on the trails. Good news is you will have so many others on the trail that if you need help it is not far away.

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Final Day

On the last day of camp RMC, consolidation and Knappster took it easy and gave the trails a rest. we all spent the day getting our stuff wrapped up for the trip home tomorrow and walking the streets of Silverton picking up those last minute items.

We gathered in our camp for one last dinner together and wrapped up Camp Commander 2010.

More pictures and stories to follow in the days to come!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Great Pictures, truly breathtaking scenery. You are Livin' the dream!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    awesome scenery a couple of friends got orders to Colorado thats one place I wouldn't mind going back to.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    Some great pictures and descriptions here. I'm looking forward to having a good 'net connection so I can really look at them closely. Thanks for letting us drop in on he party. We had a wonderful time.

Meanwhile, I'm still in the area, continuing to test products -- got a modification to the swaylink skids to make as a result of the ride up Poughkeepsie Gulch.

As soon as I can I'll also post something more about what deal 4xGuard will be offering if folks want to beta-test the new Side Guards.
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    As soon as I can I'll also post something more about what deal 4xGuard will be offering if folks want to beta-test the new Side Guards.
    I'd be happy to break anything you want me to test.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    We made it home, and I am now working with my new computer, the replacement for the one that died the first day in Silverton. Reloading all my software sucks...

Anywho, when I have a bit more time, I have lots of pics to share. Once again, we had a great time. Thanks to Jon for organizing everything.

Lifetime Member Looking for Dirt
    Made it home safe and sound michele drove most of the way I sat in the back seat and enjoyed the veiw after driving that hwy 285 many sights I have missed over the years I hope all are well and safe thank you Jon for putting us together and thank all that attended we enjoyed you all and thanks to the Johnsons for hosting us you are wounderful
    2006 XK LIMITED
    HEMI QD2 RR 2 1/2 inch lift BFG 265X70X17 TA
    4XGAURD belly plate, trans skid plate and rock rails
    Mopar engine skid plate Spider track spacers
    Custom made CAI and MBPRI cat back
    Hypertec Tuner

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information