Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: West Coast Camp Commander 2010 Pictures & Tales

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by redrockv8 View Post
    ...Consolidation thanks for the information. As I'm running stock myself it's good to know you are able to go where the others go..Do you have aftermarket skid plates?
    I have the full set of skids from the factory. I hate having to use them but it is comforting knowing they are there.

...Where do I get information about the locations of all the trails you have run and how do you find them? GPS?
    Like Knappster, I have a similar book titled Colorado Byways. I think I saw similar books for sale in Silverton in a few stores. Fetch's has a good selection of books and trail stickers.

I'm still running the stock Forteras and have 39,600 on them. Thinking about new tires ...Been debating on Cooper Discoverer ATR's.
    My Fortera's had 27,000 miles. Two were leaking air. My third tire got punctured on Ophir Pass. Knappster and WanderingTS helped me do a quick fix on the trail. The next day I ran to Big-O in Durango and got a set of Cooper Discover LSX's. I didn't want an aggressive tread as my Jeep is my commuter car. I really wanted Michelin's but didn't want to lose another day waiting for them to come in. Although I am not familiar with the Cooper brand, I am pleased with their performance both on and off road.

How's cell service out there? I have ATT.

I used to have ATT and switched to Verizon because I got better reception in the mountains. We now have Verizon internet. My wife did internet work the entire trip up to Silverton without loosing a signal. Pretty amazing...

-TJ
    Last edited by consolidation; 07-26-2010 at 09:43 PM.
    2009 Jeep Commander Limited
    red rock exterior, saddle brown seats, and fully loaded.

Stock and proud of it!

Member Looking for Dirt redrockv8's Avatar
    Thanks for all the information...I'll be running stock Forteras with 39,700 miles on them. I don't want an agressive tire either. I decided to go for one more trip with the factory tires then switch to Cooper CTS this fall instead of the ATR's Did you puncture your tire on a rock? Were the others leaking as a result of trail damage/puncture?...I'm more interestered in scenery than I am challenging my Commander..Nice moderate trails with sock knocking views of the mountains. I'm old and changing a tire on the edge of a cliff doesn't sound like fun.
    HT

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Official Statistics for West Coast Camp Commander 2010:

Attendance: 33 people including the following 9 members, bmjram, brendon, TYMAC, Knappster, El Cid, Rocky Mountain Canary, Consolidation, wanderingTs, ped4599

Miles driven off-road: 178.1 (some drove more & some drove less)

Trails Driven: Clear Lake, Stony Pass, Picayne Gulch, Placer Gulch, California Gulch, Hurricane Pass, Corkscrew Gulch, Black Bear Pass, Ophir Pass, Yankee Boy Basin, Imogene Pass, Engineer Pass, Cinnamon Pass & Poughkeepsie Gulch

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    Thanks for the stats! Good stuff to have at hand.

And thanks in general for the fine work putting the gathering together this year. It was marvelous.
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Just a reminder if you haven't done so already. Check over your rigs for trail damage.

My rear diff. cover was leaking really bad. I knew it got pulled a little, most likely on 'The Steps' as there was lots of contact underneath going down that part; but it didn't start leaking until yesterday. Gave me an opportunity to change out the lube.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I finally uploaded all my pics. Here is the main album - each album in there is one day of the trip.

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...mander%202010/

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brendon View Post
    I finally uploaded all my pics. Here is the main album - each album in there is one day of the trip.

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...mander%202010/
    Very nice photos in there, thanks for sharing.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt Phunkeydude's Avatar
    How I wanted to go with you all this past Summer and was unable due to scheduling conflicts with the kids summer activities but I did make it up there this past weekend and stayed in Silverton in the cabins at your favorite Red Mountain camp grounds. Amy and Jim say hello to all the Commander Club and you Jon. So in looking at the photos from July, there was still a great amount of snow and lots of colorful flowers. Well in the Fall there was no snow to be found and of course the colors had changed to shades of gold, brown and dark green. Here is a couple non Commander pics:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information