Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alignment problems after front suspension modification

Member Looking for Dirt
    you can see in one of the previous pictures, the upper ball joint doesn't look like it is fully seated.

Here are some more pictures of what it looks like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stance.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	1229Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stance1.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	1230Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stance2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	1231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stance3.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	1232

I appoligize if they are hard to see, they were taken with my phone.
    2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L, QDII, 4" Superlift Supension Lift, Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrain Tires 285 70R17, Mickey Thompson Classic ii Wheels 17X9, AEM Brute Force CAI, Superchip flashpaque, 4XGuard belly guard, 4XGuard Front Guard, Rear Grab handles and Defender Roof Rack.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Looking at the front, you can kinda notice the top of the tires being in alittle, but it's not that bad.

Just for fun, here is a picture of when I had to go to panama beach fl for work. We had a newer jeep cherokee

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fun.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	1233
    2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L, QDII, 4" Superlift Supension Lift, Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrain Tires 285 70R17, Mickey Thompson Classic ii Wheels 17X9, AEM Brute Force CAI, Superchip flashpaque, 4XGuard belly guard, 4XGuard Front Guard, Rear Grab handles and Defender Roof Rack.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulf550 View Post
    I see what your saying.

well, when i was doing the tie road installation, i found i was making contact on the passenger side with the steering knucle and the bottom of the spring isolator and the steering knuckle and the coils. I will try and post some pictures....If it works....

Attachment 1226Attachment 1227Attachment 1228
    When I have the front up on jack stands and the tires are off the ground, my steering knuckles hit the coil and coil isolator too. I called JBA and they said now that the ball joint isn't binding its going to do that. Also I just noticed today that my tires are sitting in like yours (mostly the passenger side tire) so I called the alignment shop. I was told they never touched the lower control arms cause the machine said they were in spec. Just my toe was off so they messed with the outter tie rods. I might have to take it right to the dealer and see if they can align it alittle better.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information