Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tent recommendations

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Thanks guys. Great input so far.... lol ill probably save the hotel tent for a 5-7 years down the road when the kids are joining. But do want something with breathing room and a porch area for keeping dirty/wet clothes out.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I've been find with medium priced tents. since this group most likely seems seals the tents anyway LOL If your taking it on the beach it will never be the same the sea spray and sand just beat the snot out of it and I gave up years ago trying to get all the sand out every trip I just leave it now right AJ! LOL Buy one easy for less then $100 use and abuse it and in a few years go get a new one thats what I do. IF I bought a 5-6 hundred dollar tent I would try to fix and repair that thing and keep it for ever. My way just as it starts to get worn maybe zippers are getting stuck now or a smell coming on I can go the newest thing out and start all over.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Lol I just had an idea.... buy a cheap 2-3 person tent, get to the camp site, set up the tent, take all the cargo out of the Xk and put it in the tent, then sleep in the XK!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Lol I just had an idea.... buy a cheap 2-3 person tent, get to the camp site, set up the tent, take all the cargo out of the Xk and put it in the tent, then sleep in the XK!
    Works for me my queen mattress fits with some effort and the twin mattress obviously fits no problem. If we could figure out how to raise the roof of the XK it would be perfect. Maybe a button a motor and a plasma cutter.... sorry I got distracted LOL

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have 4 tents. I still have a 2 man pup tent that I bought at a yard sale fro $10 when I was 12 years old, dont use it though ( but I still have it ). I have a single person Coleman backpacking tent, super light, super small. I have a small dome tent, 4 person it says but really only big enough for 2, full size air mattress fits. I use this one if Im by myself in the Jeep with the air mattress. Then I have the big 2 room family tent. Its nice to have choices depending on what youre doing.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Works for me my queen mattress fits with some effort and the twin mattress obviously fits no problem. If we could figure out how to raise the roof of the XK it would be perfect. Maybe a button a motor and a plasma cutter.... sorry I got distracted LOL
    LOL...Sal,I like where your going with this! The first image that popped into my head (besides you cutting your roof off) was an old 70's VW van/bus that has the little pop-up tent on the roof that you access from inside the van!

Quote Originally Posted by Carn75 View Post
    LOL...Sal,I like where your going with this! The first image that popped into my head (besides you cutting your roof off) was an old 70's VW van/bus that has the little pop-up tent on the roof that you access from inside the van!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    I slept in the ol XK this weekend when I went to the beach. I just inflated a twin sized mattress in the back and slept like a baby haha.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Well my kingdom broke during 50 mph gusts in Moab.. snapped a pole and it tore through the rainfly. So I'll be upgrading to a Big Agnes Flying Diamond 6...

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    I just got a Coleman Red Canyon 8-man tent at Christmas for me and the boys. Having been a Scout since 1976, I'm old enough to KNOW, that BIGGER is BETTER, when it comes to a tent. I don't even mind having the WHOLE thing to myself!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information