Thread: Outer Banks Trip

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Outer Banks Trip

First day here. Some Jeep pics, only one other XK so far. More pics to come.
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...0Banks%202010/
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Blog Entries
    Added more pics. There are the wild horses running around . We have a carport where we are keeping our fishing gear and coolers. I went out to get gear ready to fish and there was a horse standing there. He didn't want me in there at all, was stomping his feet and hollerin at me. I think maybe he wanted a beer.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6

Blog Entries
    Well, we made it home today. We had a lot of fun and I enjoyed the beach driving. The Commander performed flawlessly in the sand. You can drive anywhere on the beach you want as long as you stay off the dunes. They recommend that you drive on the smooth sand at the water's edge and park in the middle of the beach. I would drive down there at night mainly as I didn't like going between the water and other people's parked vehicles with kids and dogs running around during the day. You would be surprised how many people would do this though. I really had to keep an eye on my daughter, she just isn't use to looking for trucks while running around on the beach. I saw a few commanders on the beach, all stock. I also saw a bunch of people stuck, mostly AWD vehicles with no ground clearance. The beach is so rutted up and very bumpy. When loaded down, the rear suspension felt like it was completely compressing when going over some of the whoop - de - doos. There were front valence panels all over the place, Ha ! And I got to run my off-road lights when going to the house at night, what a difference they make.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Sounds like a cool trip man glad you had fun. The whoops stink when the XK is loaded down don't they. My beach is all rutted up to they need some rain to flatten them out a little. The horse in your garage was funny as heck man I was laughing my butt off.

Blog Entries
    Yeah dude, the best time to drive was after a good rain. Our house was 7 miles up the beach so it took about 20 - 25 minutes or so with it so rutted. I tried not to hit em too fast, it is so easy to slam the front end down hard when it gets to bumping up and down.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like a good time, I am still waiting to get to drive on teh beach.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Thread Information