Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did something wrong!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    All above is good Sal. Does sound like the clip has popped out of the diff end and isnt fully seated. Although they usually pop in very easily.

Dave
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I'm not looking forward tearing it all down again but now that I've done it once it should be easier this time around I hope LOL. So many have posted they couldn't get the half shaft out of the diff without prying and a whack I must of yanked that arm pretty hard I guess LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    It's all about what position the clip is in when you're trying to get it out. If the clip is on the top of the shaft and hanging down so most of the clip is in the groove, they pop out easy. But if the clip is hanging off the bottom, then there's a lot of material sticking out of the groove that holds the axle in place and takes a lot of force to remove. So if you're ever trying to remove an axle and its being stubborn, push it in and rotate it 180 degrees and try again.

Lucky me then uh LOL So How hard do I have to hit it to put it back in? Any tricks to knowing I have it seated all the way?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    You'll know when it's seated.. it'll pop in and then feel solid when you're hitting it. I always give it a few hits, rotate 90 degrees, a few more hits, rotate again, hit again, etc, etc until i know its in.

Might as well try pulling it all the way out first just to inspect the splines, make sure nothing got chewed up that would prevent it from going back in all the way.

Ok I'll give that a try thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information